Bass rattles

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ganji
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
arizona
My bass sounds good, loud and clean when you're sitting inside my car... Maybe just a slight noise from a vibrating door panel, but the music drowns that out so it doesn't bug me..

But outside the car is a different story. Standing near the trunk all you hear is

bbzzzzzzzBBZZZZZZZZZZZbzzzzzzz BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ!

BZZZZZBZZZBZZBZZZZZBZ!!!

Where should i start? Tomorrow morning I'm going to try to tighen my rear bumper and tail lights and see if that helps... Any other potential sources of vibration that i may not know about?

i have same problem, on the bottom of you car, right above the muffler there is a thin piece of metal. ( at least on mine) if yooour car has this then it is most likely rattling

You're probably right. I was under my car yesterday and i saw the metal piece you're talking about, I wouldn't doubt that it's causing a major rattle. I'm pretty sure my trunk lid is rattling a lot too.

I fixed the loudest noise with some rubber weatherstripping... It was buzzing REALLY loud where the plastic on the top of the rear bumper was contacting the body, so i put some weatherstripping between the two, and it was quiet after that.

I also removed the lug wrench, jack, and tire from the spare tire compartment in the trunk. I put a small rubber mat at the bottom and separated the three things with pieces of foam rubber, and it seemed to help.

I'm to broke after buying my amp to afford dynamat

But now my bass is so loud that more and more things inside the cabin of the car are starting to vibrate.... it *****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.