bass not as loud

munky223
10+ year member

i used to have a jvc head unit, im not really sure what model, and it worked pretty good. it just quit working one day and would just spit the cd's out. i ended up buying a new head unit, its a kenwood mpv7019, its really nice, but the bass doesn't seem as loud as it was on the jvc hu. is there a setting i can have on besides the bass that will increase the bass? thanks for all your help.

Originally posted by ThunderTunes with a f*ckin knob on the amp dumb@ss j/k
Jeebus... you're a completely abrasive little c@ckbiter aren't you? j/k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

See? Typing j/k after being a complete prick doesn't really work now does it? Aren't there any moderators on this site to handle twits like you?

Originally posted by Tungsten Aren't there any moderators on this site to handle twits like you?
Were trying to get them...apparently they are being considered but not for a while.

- Steve

just making sure, exactly which knob do i turn and exactly what number do i turn it to? and is there any risk of blowing anything out by doing this? thanks again.

The proper method for adjusting gains on any amplifier / head unit combo are as follows:

1. Turn the gain control on the amplifier all the way down.

2. Turn up the volume control on the source unit to approximately 3/4 of maximum.

3. Adjust the gain control on the amplifier until audible distortion occurs.

4. Adjust the gain control down until audible distortion disappears.

sorry i sound like such a dumby, but the only knobs i see on my amp are input lvl, lpf freq, and bass boost. its a jbl amp if that helps. thanks for all the help guys.

yup... cuz if u turn it up too high u will get distortion... distortion hurts ur subs... so u need to turn it up till u begin to hear distortion... then turn it down just a bit.

hope i helped.

Originally posted by shrinkydinx huh? what happened to thundertunes post?

it must have been the ninja turtles!
He's been banned lol. His posts have probably been deleted; the stupid ones anyway(which is probably most of them...if not all)

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.