bass boost

Participant count
  • Participant list

tnota
10+ year member

so i have a dd m2b on two dd 2510s. they sound good and hit really hard. one question though, the amp doesnt have a bass boost on it so im forced to use the knob and it has a clip light. thing is if i really want those things to blur my vision i have to turn up the volume and my clip light goes crazy on songs that have hard bass(rap). i feel like my amp can make those subs get loud and hit hard without it clipping. what could be the cause of the light going off? is it actually legit clipping and doing damage? ive heard those light arent always trustworthy.

How did you set your gains?

I never use bass boost, if your gains are set properly then you're getting what you should be out of your equipment as long as everything is working correctly and your box is properly built to spec.

If you want a knob pick up a PAC-LC1 or something similar that changes the RCA signal strength instead of a bass boost knob. I have one and set the gains with it all the way up so I can't clip. I never had one before but it's really nice to be able to adjust the bass individually to each song.

the amp should be set right. i can go play with it and se if it helps if i just turn it down. about the box i honestly think those subs could sound better in a different box. it honestly might be that im forcing my subs to hit hard because they arent in a good box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.