Bass Blockers-

Participant count
  • Participant list

dbhittin
5,000+ posts

Banned
Van...Wa
I have a pioneer deck running a pair of audioart mids. They got pretty loud, but the bass was killing them. Everyone said bassblockers would make it worse, but, hey, $5 is worth a shot. So i went to my local store, got them and hook them up, and i was shocked how they sounded. They sounded so sweet with my tweets. So now i can really crank it and they stay clear. By the way, they were the 100hz ones

I'm glad they're working for you. Sometimes they're not enough to adequately protect your speakers though so don't go nuts with the bass eq. I killed 2 nice sets of 3.5's even with 150 Hz bass blockers.

Originally posted by paikiah What's the slope like on the bass blockers?
They're just a single capacitor, 6dB / octave.
Bass blockers = FMOD?
No. FMOD's are line level, and have 2 elements (cap and inductor). 12dB / octave.
I'm gonna add a 4.5 mH inductor to my 3.5's to increase the slope. Don't wanna fry another Boston...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.