Bass advice

dishon22
10+ year member

atlanta
i luv my current set up but it lacking the sub bass i want. i have it series wired for a 4-ohm load which is giving it around 200-240 rms to a single cvr. Basically i want to be heard from like a half block away now i dont want something ridiculous...i was thinking about changing my sub box a build a 3.0 - 3.5 cubic feet box for the single sub. would that help or do i need to upgrade my amp or change my woofer and i don't want a 2 subwoofer setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Also my current box is 1.75 cubic feet sealed

and i don't want it ported...

i luv my current set up but it lacking the sub bass i want. i have it series wired for a 4-ohm load which is giving it around 200-240 rms to a single cvr. Basically i want to be heard from like a half block away now i dont want something ridiculous...i was thinking about changing my sub box a build a 3.0 - 3.5 cubic feet box for the single sub. would that help or do i need to upgrade my amp or change my woofer and i don't want a 2 subwoofer setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
Also my current box is 1.75 cubic feet sealed

and i don't want it ported...
The statement I have boldfaced in your quoted post might very well keep you from getting any real advice since it is a completely assinine goal...

Just making a bigger sealed box will probably make it sound like ****, I'm a noob and I even know that (somebody correct me if I am wrong). Just keep the box within the manufacture specs. If you make a bigger box and port it (within spec), then I'm guessing there should be a noticable difference with your current amp. Other than that, just get a bigger amp.

You dont really need to be heard from a block away or 100 feet. Its just not smart. You will get tickets and people will want to steal your setup. Plus you give others a bad rep when you go around blasting your music so other people hear you.

And just so you know, the tickets are not cheap.

i use mine as a back massager. got 6 tickets this year. cheaper than a masuesse. wait.........yep, i missed the point.
x2 thats what i do. And when i really need a good massage then i just sit in the back seat and it gives a very nice massage.

trunk car ftw? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yes but i hate havin a trunk car. The trunk and rear deck rattles like crazy so i'm lookin to get a new car. A newer jeep cherokee.

Yes but i hate havin a trunk car. The trunk and rear deck rattles like crazy so i'm lookin to get a new car. A newer jeep cherokee.
lol I was being sarcastic, i know what u mean, only good thing is no one know's whats in the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lol I was being sarcastic, i know what u mean, only good thing is no one know's whats in the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yea i know you were...i was just messin. And that is the only good think about a trunk car is no one knows whats in it, but if i get the jeep i'll just throw some tints on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.