Basics of Wall Contruction?

Participant count
  • Participant list

4x4runner
10+ year member

I tried searching, but could not find what i was really looking for. What is the basics to building a wall? I have plenty if experience with ported box builds for a variety of subs, but never attempted a wall. I have 1 1/4" mdf sheets to use. Its for a 1995 ford explorer, 2 18" fi btl's , rockford t40001 amp at 2 ohms (3000 rms) . Current box is about 9 cubes tuned to 34hz and hits extremely hard and clean, but doesn't break a 150 on a tl . Thats what i want to accomplish, and from what i read the power and subs should be capable with the right build. Any tips or advice on this?

well i still want it tuned low, or maybe 6" aero's to be able to change tuning. I don't knwo how else to break 150 with the space available in the back still tuned low. On average is a wall louder than having a box for same tuning? TAs far as contruction , i was thinking bassically build a ported box for the subs facing foward, then build a solid front panel matching the contour of the vehicle attached to the box and the same in the back. Batts and amp mounted behind the wall. I have an idea on the contruction, just not the cubic feet , port size, and tuning i need for a wall.

How much of a difference would there be to get up to 4-5k rms? can probably sell the rockford 4000 and get two aq2200's or something similar. Or for a little more get a warhorse, i have seen them fairly cheap , but would only set it at 5k rms. Problem is subs are dual 2 so cant get 1 ohm on rockford, but there is alot of 1 ohm 2000 rms amps that can be strapped at 2 ohm

musical loud build. Daily set up. Now is there a huge difference in having the wall behind the rear seats or right behind the front seats. I think i can still get 15 cubes behind the rear seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.