B3 question...simple

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Seems like i've been trying to finish this up for a year now, it's def at the bottom of my priority list. I don't really need to do it anymore but the grounds have been done for a while so i'd like to finish it.

140a alt, using ofc 4awg, the run is just about 2ft from alt to battery......

What size fuse should I use? All I have laying around are 140's and 150's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, on such a short run I usually don't even worrry with fusing as long as I know its a secure connection and is not going to be near anything that could cut it or burn it.

Either should be fine. As long as its close to what the wire is rated for. ( a little under)
Also, on such a short run I usually don't even worrry with fusing as long as I know its a secure connection and is not going to be near anything that could cut it or burn it.
I'm not willing to take the risk. Peace of mind my friend, peace of mind. Besides, I just received the matching fuse holder so they can look pretty sitting next to eachother.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

So I guess a 140a will have to do.

Anyone else want to put in their .02?

I NEED to run a fuse. For both safety and the fact that my longest spare length is 2" short, thus the extra need for the fuse.

140a fuse will be proper on a 2' run of 4 awg correct? Just want some more assurance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.