B2 Audio ES6.1I Review.

Participant count
  • Participant list

splwj47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

B2 Audio Es6.1I component set.

B² audio - Sweet like Danish

Build Quality:

9-10

This comp set is really nicely built, the xovers feel a little cheap, and i have not used them so i cant say much about them. the tweets are silk dome and are fairly nice, a little plain but not really an issue. the woofer's are beasts, 1.5" coil, and the white basket is smexy.

Sound Quality:

10-10

this set blows me away for the price of them, i run them active on a pioneer 80 prs and you would not think they are a 120-150 comp set. the mids have awesome mid bass even without my doors being sealed of deadened yet and have a very warm clear sound to them, i run the woofers at 90rms a piece and defenitly think they would handle a good bit more but 90 rms is all i got to give them. the tweets are awesome, more then i expected from them. they are not harsh in the slightest bit and play the upper range very well. they are very crystal clear i am giving each tweeter 15rms but i think it is a tad to much and am going to reset them for 10rms a piece. i had the mids highpassed at 80hz with a -24db slope and lowpassed at 4khz with a -24db slope, the tweets are highpassed at 4khz -24db slop.

vids:

http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q533/zigzag4200/?action=view&current=IMG_0482.mp4

http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q533/zigzag4200/?action=view&current=IMG_0483.mp4

http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q533/zigzag4200/?action=view&current=IMG_0480.mp4

i am no sq expert at all I am just a beginer, i also dont know how good i am at doing reviews but i hope this gives some good info for you guys and you enjoy the read and the vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do these sound compared to your old cdt es line set you had before these?

its tough to say, these are sounding better then when i had the cdts installed. but i got a few tips from richard to make the auto eq work better. so if i would have done the same with the cdts then im positive they probably would have came out a little better.

Holy steep slopes, bro. The whole point of running active is having control and playing with different points and slopes. If you just wanted a 4k split, just use the passive. Lol.

I encourage you to try messing around with the settings, but nice review.

Holy steep slopes, bro. The whole point of running active is having control and playing with different points and slopes. If you just wanted a 4k split, just use the passive. Lol.
I encourage you to try messing around with the settings, but nice review.

i have been playing around with it, and i had the mids hp'ed at 80 with a -6db and -12db slope but didnt like it since my doors are not sealed and deadened. i also had the tweets go as low as 3.15khz but i didnt like them that low either. 4khz sounded best to me. i also have the tweets on a -24db slope for now since i do think i am overpowering them a bit and will try a few different things out once i reset the gain for the tweets. but as of now i am really happy with the way it sounds right now. i have only had them installed for 2 days now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

splwj47

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
splwj47
Great White North
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies