Participant count
  • Participant list

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

B&C Speakers

If you want a cross between the midrange priced Hi-Fi woofer and the output of Pro Audio woofer do yourself a favor and spend the measly $280

Cross them at 70hz with a 48 BD octave slop they will play down to 60 very strong and have no problem playing up to 3,000 I got them crossed at 2500 just for s**** with the tweeters crossed at 3500 and if you can sit and listen to a whole song you retarded cuz your ears will ring for half a day.

I have the Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 Bridge per side to the mids and I have two Xenon 200.2s Bridged per Tweeter so I have a total of roughly 900 watts for the mids and 550 to the tweeters and for just a two-way setit Rivals $5,000 home audio setup with 200 to 300 watts per side in output I should you not anybody locally needs to hear this

Holy ****

End review

****, those are some efficient sobs.

I have some anarchys for midbass, you think these would be a good fit if crossed a bit higher?

****, those are some efficient sobs.I have some anarchys for midbass, you think these would be a good fit if crossed a bit higher?
They are transparent and loud man. They aren't a long throw midbass like the hat l8 but they can do well crossed at 60 if you aren't looking for deafing output.

You can feed them 400 and still have excellent high freqency extention without breakup will into tweeter territory. If you cross them around 70 24db octave they will drown out most tweeters with 100x2 active..

Bump. After a bit more breaking in I have enought power to damage them.. lol. That being said for spl app cross them around 70 with a steep slope and listen for distortion and you will be fine.

I still like them they can get down way down low enough to where you really don't even need a sub and they still have decent output more than any normal person would really want to be honest..

As soon as I get some time off of work and I'm not so tired I'm going to finish my door panels seal them up a little bit better and fiberglass the rest of make it strong.. ill do more listening but as far as I'm concerned they are transparent enough to be used as a hifi driver even in two way setups. Of course I'm talking about 8in so ideally you want to cross them about a thousand no more than 1500hz and that's pushing it but if you have a good tweeter that can be crossed at 2K with a second-order slope you can cross this at about 1200 with a second order slope and it will blend nicely. There isn't any technology in the cones to help break up any beaming issues but none the less if you keep the crossover low enough and you match your level with your tweeters along with a slight boost on the lower end (2k area) it's not an issue..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Papermaker85

5,000+ posts
Banned
Papermaker85
New orleans LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies