Avic N-1

not so much the cost of the parts and stuff to do it... its just a pain in the ass to the installer. my buddy works for hh gregg and he doesnt install these for less than like $100-150 depending on who he's installing it for.

i think they are trying to jew you with the 400$ installation.. its not really "hard" per say, it just takes a lot of time and if you screw up any wires you just wasted ~1500$. try and talk them down and if not be like "i'll go buy it from somewhere else". most of the time this gets people to where you want 'em.

$2000 to have it put in by an authorized dealer/installer w/ top warranty available from Pioneer, or ~1000-1500 online for one that fell off the back of a truck- pick you poison

thats true at least if you get it installed by an authorized dealer you get a warranty on it. so even if they fuk up they have to replace it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. i cant remember who said it but its one of the greatest quotes ever used in car audio...

"You get what you pay for".

Not for nothing, alot of people here take shots buying cheaper than cheap stuff non authorized, but $1000-2000 is alot of $$ to take a chance on

If you got $1500 to invest into this thing, another week or two to accumulate more dough is much worth the sacrifice

yeah we installed one today at the shop... took a while but we couldn't work on it continuously because of customers cars... but one of my installers had the avic-n1.... voice command package... rear view camera... xm... and had to reconnect and rerun rca's for his 6-channel... not really hard... but time consuming... i would charge someone 100-150 like someone else said... depending on the person... i get to do mine in january :-D i can't wait

I was actually doing them for $1550 installed. Plus tax of course. Although this was typically for a few select forums...

Like posted above, definately spend the extra money for a dealer to install it, you may be able to shop around and get a better price, just a bit more traveling on your part. But youll have the piece of mind knowing that your covered by a warranty on the product. At least for the first year. To add to that *most shops will give you a lifetime warranty on their labor itself, so in the event something is wrong due to installation your covered there too. Although some may not want to admit it was their problem.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

--Don

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.