Autotek MM4000.1D or similar price/power ratio @ 2ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list
Need an amp that can do 4k @ 2ohms without busting my wallet too hard. Very much prefer Autotek MM4000.1D.
Those old school MM only did 2k man. The new school autoteks, you'd be lucky to get 1000 out of it. Either way your wallet will be wrecked if you want a true 4k.

What is your source of that info? I've heard nothing but good things about them and that they actually do a little above rated. I did hear the new ones are terrible, but these old ones you can't find anywhere. I see a bunch of them sold real cheap in 2009-2011 on this site.

so they want you to pull 300+ amps through 2ga wire?? Iirc that amp only accepts up to 2 ga power wire. Older amps were very inefficient, so it would have to pull upwards of 300+ amps at full tilt ...

idk, very unlikely that amp puts out 4000 rms .....And the mid series ones only put out 2000 rms ....

Unless it is an OLD 1st gen one, then I have heard of - and seen tests on them from back then that are well above 4000 rms ... ...

Maybe you will find a good old one....

Here is what the guts of an OG MM4000 look like ....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.