Autotek Mean Machine amp series opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrdnhsnbrg
10+ year member

Pimped my grandma's ride
What is everyone's opinions on the Autotek Mean Machine series amps? I'm thinking about a pair of M4000.1D for my next setup, but everything is still in limbo. I feel like they will be much more likely to do rated at 2 ohms than it will at 1 ohm, 2k RMS from a $160 amp seems a little fishy. I'm looking at somewhere around 2-3kW for my next system, will most likely be a pair of XFL's.

What is everyone's opinions on the Autotek Mean Machine series amps? I'm thinking about a pair of M4000.1D for my next setup, but everything is still in limbo. I feel like they will be much more likely to do rated at 2 ohms than it will at 1 ohm, 2k RMS from a $160 amp seems a little fishy. I'm looking at somewhere around 2-3kW for my next system, will most likely be a pair of XFL's.
If you looking for 2k, id grab one of the DB DRIVE PD2000.1's rated 2k @ 1ohm. These are power house 2k amps, they do rate AND SOME, will actually do 2500rms @ 1 ohm, and will do 3k+ at .5 ohm. If you have good electrical they can with stand burps @ .25ohm and will run .5ohm all day long.

They have the on ebay right now for $225 shipped.

If you looking for 2k, id grab one of the DB DRIVE PD2000.1's rated 2k @ 1ohm. These are power house 2k amps, they do rate AND SOME, will actually do 2500rms @ 1 ohm, and will do 3k+ at .5 ohm. If you have good electrical they can with stand burps @ .25ohm and will run .5ohm all day long.
They have the on ebay right now for $225 shipped.
No kidding... Will have to be on the lookout for them when I get around to actually purchasing equipment. Currently just working on electrical upgrades

No kidding... Will have to be on the lookout for them when I get around to actually purchasing equipment. Currently just working on electrical upgrades
i mean they are cheaper because they are refurbs, and the company that WAS fixing them wasnt doing a very good job. I had one refurbed and it was defective, for some reason at 1 ohm i couldnt play for more then like 6 seconds. BUT i will say this, its the LOUDEST 2k amp that ive heard or owned. I have owned the sundown 2000d and the db drive and the DB drive was louder to ear and on termlab meter for the 6secs that it played lol. Im thinking about buying one and seeing if i can get a good refurb and if i dont im going to keep instead of returning it under warranty like i did last time and get it fixed by Amp-Medics. These amps when they came out were around like $650 or more if im not mistakin, so even after getting one fixed its steal cheaper and Amp-Medics does awesome work repairing amps. I would really like to run one of these at .5ohm on the pair of 18s im going with in my next setup. And they do rated CLEAN as i didnt mention in the last post

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

i own this MM2k. and its a pretty solid amp. enough power to kill the surround on an apx.. though the box tuning was a little high. Autotek MM 2000.1D Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

the new ones do not do rated at all.

http://www.lightav.com/car/autotek/amps/meanamp.jpg

these do around 2200+ but they are hard to find.
^^^THIS..... DO NOT buy the newer versions of Autotek if you go with that brand

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.