Audioque HDC3 15" VS SSA ICON 15"

they are not totally different. one's made here, one isnt. your not going to be able to hear a huge difference if both were in the same enviroments and in the same enclosures. they both are great subs.

i will say this, ive heard multiple hdc3's 10s 12s 15s and 18s and ive heard a few different subs from the SSA line. The 12" xcon, and 12" & 15" icon. First thing i will say is that the icon is more efficent and its alot cleaner bass. The HDC3s get loud but it just seems like there is something missing when listening to them...(some say this about DD subs too) But my choice would go to the icon. There cleaner bass and more enjoyable to listen too for extended periods of time IMO.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

and with good voltage and clean signal it can take upwards of 1500rms

i currently have a hdc318. i like aq it takes what im putn to it (2400watts rms daily) with no problem ive only smelled it 1 time and thats playing

at like 26hz for a bit. i have heard ppl talking about the icon but never seen or heard one. i hear nothing but good things about tho.

Icon 15" FTW . A friend wanted me to test an AQ HDC3 15 before he bought it so I switched it out with my icon. In the exact same environment (4 cube ported box tuned to 28 on 1000 rms) the AQ was not as loud as the Icon. once i bumped up the gain a little we couldn't tell the difference between the two.

The aq likes 1500+

they can sound good too..

The icon is a more laid back woofer made for 1000-1200..

The aq I'd pretty versital as well but they like 1500+..

I didn't expect my hdc15 to do good in 3.5 tuned to 30 but it gets pretty **** low..

4 tuned to 28 is way to big and tuned to low for the hdc..

The hdc is at home in 4 tuned to 35 with 2500.

The icon is more ideal in 3.5 tuned to 30..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

xmakeafistx

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
xmakeafistx
Kenosha, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date