Audioque HD3c 12 video

Whats your listening style? I listen to pretty much anything but country, But probably the top genre's are alternative rock, punk, then rap. should I tune it 40hz or would their be something better? I it seems from the hdc3 thread that dJL strongly recommends 40hz. He mentioned that i can still hit the lows at that frequency but if you tune lower some of the highs would be lacking. What would you recommend based on your testing for rock/punk/rap?
My radio very rarely plays anything other than rock. Classic, hard, metal. Pretty much any style, but I don't do country or rap really. Occasionally I'll throw some rap in there to show off, but I don't really like it.

My observation has been that the smaller boxes tighten the sound up alot. It makes a kick drum sound like a kick drum, instead sounding like a retard beating on a 55 gallon barrel with a baseball bat. The lower tuning helps to flatten out the frequency response, so it plays well on any song, instead of peaking hard on some songs, yet ******* on others that aren't within the peak frequency range.

Keep in mind though that not all cars are the same. The standard AQ recommended box really doesn't sound very good in my car. It has limited low frequency output, and peaks too hard for too short of a frequency range to suit me. Yet, I've put the AQ recommended box in many other cars, that I didn't notice that effect nearly as bad as I do in my explorer.

So I guess my recommendation would be to try a few different boxes. Try big -vs- small, then play with tuning in each box to see what works best for you, your listening style, and your car.

My radio very rarely plays anything other than rock. Classic, hard, metal. Pretty much any style, but I don't do country or rap really. Occasionally I'll throw some rap in there to show off, but I don't really like it.
My observation has been that the smaller boxes tighten the sound up alot. It makes a kick drum sound like a kick drum, instead sounding like a retard beating on a 55 gallon barrel with a baseball bat. The lower tuning helps to flatten out the frequency response, so it plays well on any song, instead of peaking hard on some songs, yet ******* on others that aren't within the peak frequency range.

Keep in mind though that not all cars are the same. The standard AQ recommended box really doesn't sound very good in my car. It has limited low frequency output, and peaks too hard for too short of a frequency range to suit me. Yet, I've put the AQ recommended box in many other cars, that I didn't notice that effect nearly as bad as I do in my explorer.

So I guess my recommendation would be to try a few different boxes. Try big -vs- small, then play with tuning in each box to see what works best for you, your listening style, and your car.
well my cars kinda similiar (ford escape). i won't have much time to try different boxes, since im on a limited budget and i'll only have access to tools to build the box for about a week every few months. I'm really trying to get as much input as i can before i build the box. I'm probably going to wait till december (more info from others experiences + i should have enough money saved up).

i really want to make sure i get as much info as i can before i build. It will be my first time building a sub box, but ive have experience in carpentry so im confident it will turn out ok. I just really want to get the specs right since i will be for sure using the box for a while.

This sub is getting a little louder as it get's more broken in. Last night I was helping some friends get ready for a small, local competition today, and had the TL out doing a little testing. After they got done testing, and whatnot they were curious as to what my explorer could hit with the single 12, so I just strung the sensor over and did a quick burp. It hit a 148.8 at 49 hz. I think I may do some tweaking on the box, and see if I can get this single 12 to break a 150 at

I built this sub with the soundquality soft parts. It has a dual 2 copper coil and a little softer suspension then the 8 layer Aluminum FW sql version. The box is not ideal for the sub and is tuned a little lower then I like but I though it did pretty good considering J was playing a 49Hz note in a 34 Hz box.

I thought these were gonna be built in china?

looks good. wish i could say the same about the garage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

This sub is getting a little louder as it get's more broken in. Last night I was helping some friends get ready for a small, local competition today, and had the TL out doing a little testing. After they got done testing, and whatnot they were curious as to what my explorer could hit with the single 12, so I just strung the sensor over and did a quick burp. It hit a 148.8 at 49 hz. I think I may do some tweaking on the box, and see if I can get this single 12 to break a 150 at
150 is a good goal. my goal is 150, in an explorer, legal score, with a type R 12

I thought these were gonna be built in china?
The standard production model will be mostly assembled in China with some final assembly and QC check in OKC. The prototypes we build in house from various Chinese and American parts. The sub J is now using is built from Chinese parts including the dual 2 copper coil and is optimised for sq/sql.

ah got ya, was just wondering how you could really prototype test if your doing the glueing here and not there. After all most build issues w/ china built subs are from crappy glue joints, not bad materials.

I'd love to test one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So DJ, any idea on a ship date? Estimate? I know we cant forsee the problems that arise but a guess would be nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.