Audiopipe TXX-BF12 Subwoofer EXT Tear

nico777

TEXAS
I have or I guess had 2 bf12 audiopipes in a probox. I was wondering if anyone has had these subs or have heard of these subs tearing due to the edge extension technology that they incorporate into these subs. Well I have had mine for a little over a month and last night both subs tore or seem to have ripped apart at the weak point of the subs. By weak point I mean the area of the surround that folds into the surround near the screw points. It seems that they just are not meant for anything more than mediocre power. I was running them on an Audiopipe 1800D amplifier at 1/4 power. So in conclusion I guess my question is has anyone seen this or had this happen to them. I talked to 2 of my buddies 1 of which has a couple of audiopipe icandy 15's and they both said that the EXT or edge extension technology is just an accident waiting to happen. What are you guys thoughts on these subs.

8HMERGCC76

so any thoughts on this or is the EXT design just an accident waiting to happen like in my case too many stress points at vulnerable positions right by the mounting points.

its a bad design too ridged there, in rubber its fine just not foam. its not like they go cheap on surrond its nice 2 layer and thick. i would send them back and swap out with some apx's. they just didnt do enough r&d and will bite them back....

Design fail, maybe but it looks like theres dirt on the side of your subwoofer. Do you ever use lubricant? i know it sounds funny, but i use ArmorAll Extreme Tire shine, the white paste looking stuff. And i've never had a problem with my Foam Surround on my 15" Opti With Highroll foam surround. Idk just an idea that could help benefit you in the future.

In all seriousness, the components for the Foam Surround can get dried out after awhile, as well as rubber surrounds. And the same component that Lubricant replaces in tires, can be found in the Foam and Rubber surrounds. Keeping them Smooth, and rich, while an untreated subwoofer surround would be dry and more likely to rip or tear.

I just dont see why anyone thought that would be a good idea designing the surround like that... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nico777

nico777
TEXAS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Wingman0121