Audiofile...

Participant count
  • Participant list

GSteg
10+ year member

Custom User Title
whee!!
didn't get my stuff yet (posting waaayyy too early) but i can sense he's good guy.

we talked on the phone and he gave me enough info about the ID horns that he could literally write a book on it.

I give him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif and //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif for being helpful! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

you like? lol i bet you are only one of about a handful of people to own a set of those lol 99% of the newbs say they dont exist lol

bump for a great seller as well. he is shipping out my horns tomrrow along with yours as well. i cant wait to get em installed.

these are the last piece to my setup that i dont have in my possession. check my sig.

what are you going to be using them with?

lol yuh but im a punk kid that doesnt know anything lol i wanna see what that physics major says about the amps i recomended now. i have 2 25x1 monolithic amps sitting in my closet not selling them they are like 12 years old and look older than that. they say they draw 13 amps at idle and it goes way up from there. never did a perminant install with them because they didnt match my other amps and wouldnt fit in my old amp rack. 115 amp hot idle alt was not enough for the 2 monolithics and 1 ss 3.0 and a 6.0 lights dimmed and volume went speratic. unhook the 6.0 i could hear everything just fine. i traded 1 oz 6.5 inch component set 1 6.5 mbquart set and 3 brand new idq 12s plus 200 bucks for those amps. they hook up OLD school with the 12 volt wire and ground already comming out of the amp. you can readily change the wire by opening the cases bottom. stangest pc board i have ever seen with components you would figure to see in an old frankenstien movie lol. they have no crossovers just a 5 wire hook up. they retailed for like 700 each. the heatsinks are an old school gold color iodized very plain.....but they dont sound any better than a good amp. i always run the best processor i can afford you do that you can run about any decent amp you want mod the fooker to keep gains linear (lol old school trick) and you would have a system on paper and in reality that woops up on the guy just running his helex amp. there has yet been a system i have heard yet that was perfect (even mark eldridge's -i heard his mtx set up and the kicker) you can take VERY ordinary speakers toy with them tweak what have you and come up with a system on a very basic level that could compete with the big wigs...now would you get the ahhhhz and oooohhss? doubt it but you could be pretty proud. gsteg already has his horns and when it comes time for him to compete i want to help him with it. if he puts in even half the time i put into it he will win alot of shows. those are bar none my favorite horns ready to buy...but i have yet to hear the usd super a...heard a's before but not the bigger driver version.

i also talked with him on the phone, it was like an hour long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey audiolife, do you know of anywhere i can see some pictures and\or information on the installs you were talking about? i mean the 'big wigs' installs... i found virtually no information on the people you were talking about - including the "backseat driver" car... and i really wanted to read about them.

*sigh*

going to bed now... late as usual.

Both of you guys got unbelievable sets of horns.
- Steve

i just had to join u //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif

just FYI - mine should be on the dorrstep right now. im too pumped to get home!

Dec 6, 2004 - 3:35 P.M. - E. SYRACUSE, NY, US - DELIVERY

update? lol

oh yea audiofile.. i traded the full body for the mini bodies. i know how u said u hate the minis with a passion, but i just had to or else it would be impossible to fit the cd3 into my car. lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GSteg

10+ year member
Custom User Title
GSteg
whee!!
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies