Audiobahn VS. Alumpro Alchemy

Participant count
  • Participant list

adamawayfrommpa
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Firstly, I have never said that Alumapro was better than Audiobahn. I think that would be rather obvious enough on its own........

The SQ capabilities of Audiobahn have been called into question several times and the general concensus of all is that the Audiobahn breaks up and does not retain clear and accurate SQ at certain power levels.

Alumapros motor structure, and patented cone design provide some of the clearest sounding woofers out there.

While Alumapro has been geared towards the SQ crowd mainly, they still have had thier share of good luck in the SPL division at the IASCA Idbl World Finals- taking 1st place with a world record of 171.0db.

This information appears on Alumapro's main page http://www.alumapro.com and on IASCA's event finals page. http://www.iasca.com

To further add to this- check out the reviews from several respected Audio Mags:

"A miniature powerhouse - the Alumapro generates bass that is impressive not just in output level, but in quality and deep bass extension too. Highly recommended."

Auto Sound & Security Magazine - Feb. '00"

The Alchemy 12DVC from Alumapro handles loads of power and it plays load, low and clean, all in a relatively small enclosure. To top it all off , the 12DVC is a great looking sub. If your into good clean bass (and who isn't) you owe it to yourself to audition the Alchemy12DVC."

Car Audio and Electronics Magazine - Jan. '99 "

"...Fifteen farads for the price of 3 - WOW. What can we do with this much storage? We'll we can do away with rear batteries in most cases." Auto Sound & Security Magazine - July '99 "The results of our Autosound 2000 Test Lab test of the Alusonic line of subs were very encouraging, and we're looking forward to testing one of the BP-Series enclosures for an upcoming issue."

Carsound Magazine - Summer '99 "

The Alchemy is one of those rare delights in car audio. It not only works in a small box, but has impressively low distortion and a brutal output ability. This is the kind of performance that only happens when you mix a passion for music with serious attention to detail. Highly recommended."

Howard Doctor, Auto Sound & Security Magazine - Oct. '97 "

The Alchemy 10-inch subwoofer was delivered to us in a small bandpass enclosure. The back of the enclosure sports a clear Plexiglas panel which allows us to view the woofer in its natural habitat. The woofer itself is built like a tank: it features a beefy cast basket, a magnet that would make the North Pole jealous, and an alloy cone to boot. The overall sound quality of the Alchemy was really good. With the dainty 1.7 cubic feet enclosure it¹s nice to know you could put something else in your trunk with your subwoofer. The Alumapro Alchemy jams." Carsound Magazine - Feb. '98 "No matter how deep the "extreme" bass CD went, the 12 inch Alchemy went right down after it, all without sounding distorted. On the contrary: it always sounded clean, full and powerful. It can only be rated as Absolute First Class."

AutoHiFi, German Magazine - Jan. '98

"Alumapro is a speaker manufacturer aptly named for its rigid and vibrant aluminum alloy woofer cones. The color-anodized aluminum alloy cone not only makes for visually shocking appeal and offers an extremely rigid, lightweight material for optimum performance and superior sound reproduction."

MiniTruckin' Magazine - April '97 "

These speakers are quite unique. Instead of a paper or polypropylene cone, they feature an aluminum alloy cone. So the cone is very stiff compared to other materials and stays stiff over a wide range of temperature. Moreover, it does not absorb moisture like a paper cone would. The aluminum alloy cone offers a number of other advantages. First, it extracts heat so it serves as a heat sink for the speakers's voice coil. The coil stays cooler which enhances its power. Second, its power compression is very low so it is more dynamic. Third, the fact that the cone is more rigid and stiff, it doesn't bend or flex under high loading. As a result it delivers a harder hitting bass in small enclosures."

LowRider Magazine - Aug. '98

"Top quality can be found throughout the Alumapro subwoofer lines. Features which include rubber surround, unitized cone/voice coil construction for improved heat dissipation, poly/cotton spider, cast aluminum frame, gold-plated terminals, large magnet structure and a vented pole piece are combined to create an impressive and high-quality driver."

Auto Sound & Security Magazine - Jan. '97

take it easy,

-zane

Thanks zane for setting me strait about the alumapro subs........................To be honest with you I had already cheched out their site and liked what I saw but frankly I trust your opinion more then mine.....Thats why I wanted to to tell it like it is....One question though....You said Audiobahn sometimes faided in the area of SQ and that the Alumapro did not...ok.....Does the alumapro produce the same or better bass/SPL?

Thanks,

Adam

My site:

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/adam2000

My Email:

adamawayfrommpa2000@yahoo.com

I just had a thought......can I post pic of your system on my web site if you have any available? I'm looking for pics of people with good systems to show off on my site for them.....

Thanks again

As much as I love my Audiobahn, I would probaly agree that the Alumapro would be the better choice, btu both probaly bump pretty hard.

Audiobahn has still done ok in the SPL area- IMO- that should be the direction they take thier company. They have the right idea- however they just need a little more R&D instead of the chrome.

Concerning the two companies in comparrison, I still would choose the Alumapro. 171 db is 171db.

take it easy,

-zane

ONLY BAD THING ABOUT ALUMAPRO IS IF THE WOOFERS DENT..IT LOOKS BAD...THEY ARE PUT TOGETHER BETTER THAN THE ECLIPSE SUBS TO. THE ECLIPSE'S THAT CAME BACK TO OUR SHOP ALL DID THE SAME THING.. VOICE COIL SEPERATED FROM THE CONE..MY GOOD FRIEND IS ALSO THE ALUMAPRO REP AND HAS MENTIONED SEVERAL TIMES THAT WOULDNT HAPPEN TO ONE OF HIS SUBS LOL. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE GENERAL COST OF THE ECLIPSE MAKES ME WONDER WHY THEY STILL SELL FOR ALL THE$$$$ EVEN ON THE NET. AND AUDIOBAHN HAS A NITCH IT SORTA PRICED GOOD AND PERFORMS VERY WELL I MIGHT P.O. SOME PEOPLE WITH WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY BUT TO ME ITS JUST REAL GOOD PYRAMID TYPE LINE STUFF (HOPEFULLY REPLACES IT IN THAT AREA IN THE MARKET AS WELL) DO I MEAN ITS JUNK? NO BUT I THINK ITS MORE FOR THE BEGINEERS AND PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO SPEND ALOT AND GET SOMETHIN VERY NEAT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.