Audiobahn 1208T

Participant count
  • Participant list

RattlinStratus
10+ year member

You Dumb Bastard...
I had just gotten two 1208Ts off of ebay, for 250! UPS broke the frame on one, so I am gonna get a new one anyways. But the one I hooked up to my 1500hcx running at 2000@ 1ohm (read review) is the best sub I have owned, and one of the best I have heard! People who hate on Audiobahn has got to hear my system! The box is tuned to 37hz, and is 2.9cu. I believe per chamber with an awesome new port design that wraps around the inside of the box, it is a huge vent. I got it from Miami, the first one EVER installed! It cost 140 but it was worth it. Ok sorry back to the sub. The sub hits very loud and clean. I have had every sub from Infinity to RFs. I tried playing Linkin Park, and sounded great, and was loud. I played Lil John Rep Yo City, very loud!!! and the loudest so far was "A Yi Yi"? I think by the Ying Yang Twins. At first the sub was getting very hot, but I had the amp and sub tested both were perfect. I then realized my crossover on the amp was screwed up so I am waiting for my external crossover to come in. I have yet to turn it all the way up. The sub has so little distortion even without proper crossovers! The subs are supposed to have 1700rms silver coils instead of copper, but I would say the subs safely handle 1300rms, and could push them to 1500rms which is max according to Audiobahn. My amp's gain is as low as possible, but I have my H/U Bass Engine up all the way. Compared to my old flame excursions 121Ts in sealed boxes {(4) 12s}, which hit 139 and change, my 1208T is way louder. I cant wait to install the other one, I was told to tune it lower, but I had it tuned to match what songs i usually listen to, and what sounds best with them. OVERALL THE SUBS ARE CHEAP TO GET, AND WORTH THE MONEY BY FAR! THEY SOUND GOOD AND HIT VERY LOUD NO MATTER WHAT THE BASS IS. NOT AS LOUD AND CLEAN AS REs, BRAHMAS, AND OTHER INSANE SUBS LIKE THOSE. HOWEVER FROM THE JL W7S I HAVE HEARD, MINE IS LOUDER AND ALMOST AS CLEAN SOUNDING. I ALSO PAID A THIRD OF WHAT THEY PAID FOR ONE! THE SUB REFUSED TO BLOW ALSO, I HAVE 2000RMS AND I TESTED IT TO SEE WHAT SHE COULD HANDLE DOING A FEW BURPS, AND IT TOOK IT NICELY, IT DISTORTED A LITTLE, BUT NO MORE THAN YOUD EXPECT, AND MY REAR VIEW FELL OF AGAIN.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

RattlinStratus

10+ year member
You Dumb Bastard...
RattlinStratus
Hurricane Central
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies