Audio Technix 60 mil vs Second Skin Damp (Acoustical Test Results Inside)

cthedinger
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Audio Technix Specs and Price:

60 mil thick total

4 mil aluminum

Butyl Adhesive

$2.36 per sq ft plus shipping when you buy 25 sq ft

Second Skin Audio Damplifier Specs and Price:

40 mil thick total

6.5 mil aluminum

Butyl Adhesive

$3.5 a sq ft plus shipping when you buy 20 sq ft.

SAE J1637 Style Tests

ATvsSS.jpg

AudioTechnix-200HzInterpolation.gif

SecondSkinDamp-200HzInterpolation.gif

The simplest method to compare these data sets is to select the "200 Hz Interpolations" and plot them as a function of temperature. I have done that individually in the attached WORD document. The "200 Hz Interpolations" are a simplification of the total data set, but it is an accepted format in the Detoit Automotive industry, in general. So, it's at least a good first step in viewing the data for most people.
Print the attached WORD document and then hold each plot up to the other......... Place one page on top of the other. Compare the plots.......
You will notice that the data set for the Audio Technix and the data set for the Second Skin Damp overlay almost perfectly. Their performance profiles (as a function of temperature) are almost identical. It's surprising how similar they are, in fact. Almost identical.
Both quotes are from the third party that did this testing for us. When he refers to the WORD document attachments they are the 2nd and 3rd pictures above.

why not put this up against the damp pro or alphadamp? of course the cheap regular damp is going to make audiotechnix 60 mil look good
These tests are very expensive to have done. I have never said the the 60 mil is as good as Damp Pro or Alpha Damp. Remember Damplifier is $3.5 a sq ft (when you buy 20 sq ft), Damplifier Pro is $5.25 a sq ft (when you by 20 sq ft) and Alpha Damp is $7 a sq ft (when you buy 20 sq ft). While Audio Technix 60 mil is only $2.36 a sq ft. Over a $1 cheaper than Damplifier, 1/2 the cost of Damplifier Pro and 1/3 the cost of Alpha Damp.

ive seen and used audiotechnix.... its nothing but a hyped version of peel and seal
Lol. The only way Audio Technix resembles Peel and Seal is that both are on rolls. Audio Technix uses a butyl adhesive while Peel and Seal uses an asphalt adhesive. Audio Technix 60 mil uses a 4 mil aluminum while Peel and Seal uses less than a 1 mil aluminum. Peel and Seal smells horrible. Peel and Seal falls down when it gets hot while Audio Technix can take heat as you can see in this video:

[video=youtube;0C-rJB3-r-c]

Using only 25% coverage with Peel and Seal.

because ANT knows the bs you're putting out.. you get what you pay for and its been proven whats best
Are you really mentally retarded or just plain stupid?

Ant covers and deletes anything that is true and hurts him. I can see you're wet from his ball sweat but c'mon man.

because ANT knows the bs you're putting out.. you get what you pay for and its been proven whats best
AT and SS are = dawg u don't know shiz. I wouldn't consider one much better than the other they both are really good deadners. They are really comparable products in every way except one: Price, yeah thats right AT costs less. Don't buy AT all you want everyone that does is a pleased customer and we all laugh at your pitiful face.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Oh and P.S. I'd trust Coleman over ANT any day of the week

ive seen and used audiotechnix.... its nothing but a hyped version of peel and seal
I see you not sticking around here long...

Fortunately though, everyone knows your statement to be a lie. As there is not one unsatisfied customer of AT, and the owner of it will likely do whatever it takes for it to stay that way. He is also entirely honest and honorable, and unlike ANT, is not having any of your slanderous posts deleted. The differences between the 2 men are many, but perhaps one of the most notable ones is that ANT fears and removes the competition, while Coleman embraces it for an opportunity to improve.... I dunno about you, but those are a few characteristics of a developer that to me, is committed to providing the best product he can at the best price possible.

why not put this up against the damp pro or alphadamp? of course the cheap regular damp is going to make audiotechnix 60 mil look good
Let me get this straight....the 60 mil AT is over a dollar cheaper than the supposedly already CHEAP regular damp and you just admitted that the 60 mil spanks its bottom so you think it'll be a fairer fight for it to go up against the next class up? The pro? Well I don't know about you but I don't want to spend almost 3 more bucks per sq.ft. on a product that is on the same level as the 60 mil. And oh yeah, i'm sure the 80 mil kills the rest of the class though and it's what? 3.5 per square foot? Looks like my money is going to a great company and an honest guy. Love my sound deadener!

These tests are very expensive to have done. I have never said the the 60 mil is as good as Damp Pro or Alpha Damp. Remember Damplifier is $3.5 a sq ft (when you buy 20 sq ft), Damplifier Pro is $5.25 a sq ft (when you by 20 sq ft) and Alpha Damp is $7 a sq ft (when you buy 20 sq ft). While Audio Technix 60 mil is only $2.36 a sq ft. Over a $1 cheaper than Damplifier, 1/2 the cost of Damplifier Pro and 1/3 the cost of Alpha Damp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cthedinger

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cthedinger
Inglewood, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date