Audi A6 Overhaul Worklog (glass/stroker/doorpod content)

I'll bet that OEM doorcovering is sitting in a corner somewhere, crying. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Where are you working on these at?
At work. Working for my dad has it's benefits, i suppose.

Unfortunately, my **** gets stolen if i leave it there, so i have to hide everything away during the week, or leave it locked in my car.

I've lost a $30 set of screw-gun accessories, a kick ass $50 set of LONG allen wrenches, my sawzall, a jigsaw, miscellaneous hand tools, sockets, wiring, my dad's $200 deWalt screw-gun (but not the charger....?), 2 cans of pblaster, a can of wd40, and most recently, my disco ball......... I think the guys steal just for the sake of stealing, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or season to it. And i have no idea why a grown man would steal a disco ball, but someone must've wanted it apparently.

Today i did mostly car work, i wired in a new alarm system computer/ keyless entry receiever, because my old one was on it's way out. The **** thing's under the carpet, so i decided since i needed to remove all the trim to tuck my wires under the carpet anyways, this would be a good time to do it.

I also pulled all the old speaker wire out from the doors and under the carpet, and ran the monster cable up to the front doors, and put all the carpet back together.

And i fleeced the front side of the baffels, with huge pieces of fabric, so i'll be all set to fleece the pods to the doors next weekend.

Anyways, all the pieces are coming together.

I just need 2 more good days, to fleece and glass the pods to the door, and then either sanding and painting, or upholstering (i haven't decided what i'm doing with them yet) and the monster will be unleashed.

I'll keep ya posted. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

At work. Working for my dad has it's benefits, i suppose.
Unfortunately, my **** gets stolen if i leave it there, so i have to hide everything away during the week, or leave it locked in my car.

I've lost a $30 set of screw-gun accessories, a kick ass $50 set of LONG allen wrenches, my sawzall, a jigsaw, miscellaneous hand tools, sockets, wiring, my dad's $200 deWalt screw-gun (but not the charger....?), 2 cans of pblaster, a can of wd40, and most recently, my disco ball......... I think the guys steal just for the sake of stealing, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or season to it. And i have no idea why a grown man would steal a disco ball, but someone must've wanted it apparently.

Today i did mostly car work, i wired in a new alarm system computer/ keyless entry receiever, because my old one was on it's way out. The **** thing's under the carpet, so i decided since i needed to remove all the trim to tuck my wires under the carpet anyways, this would be a good time to do it.

I also pulled all the old speaker wire out from the doors and under the carpet, and ran the monster cable up to the front doors, and put all the carpet back together.

And i fleeced the front side of the baffels, with huge pieces of fabric, so i'll be all set to fleece the pods to the doors next weekend.

Anyways, all the pieces are coming together.

I just need 2 more good days, to fleece and glass the pods to the door, and then either sanding and painting, or upholstering (i haven't decided what i'm doing with them yet) and the monster will be unleashed.

I'll keep ya posted. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
if i were you i would place a camera in a spot and leave something out and tape whoever steals it and then show it to your dad and have them fire their ass and that will teach them a lesson about stealing ur stuff. but nice work so far, only suggestion would be to redo those rear speaker deletes you made, kuz they dont loon that good and the color doesnt match.

i had a few set backs.

i broke on of the speaker terminals on the box for the strokers, and just got the replacement on monday.

also, i have a few wiring gremlins in the car from a water leak a few weeks ago.

i got the wires to repair a fried wiring harness yesterday, but i'm sick as hell, i didn't even go to work today.

AND i didn't get ANYTHING done last weekend, because we were required to work on saturday to make up for missed days between christmas and new years eve.

This weekend should give me enough time to finish her up. I'll keep you posted.

I've got my electrical gremlins narrowed down to one, now.

My car's telling me i have a "short to ground" on my "15 second delay timer" for my interior lights, but i have no blown fuses, so i'm guessing it's a burnt or broken wire. (which would look the same to the computer as a short to ground)

My alarm, locks, and remote all work now, and i can communicate to the alarm module through the computer now, which is how i found the fault code about the short to ground, which was unable to do before.

So once i get the faulty wire taken care of, i'll have more progress to report on. I'm hoping to get my pods done/insalled for the long weekend, regardless of whether or not i get them puttied, sanded, and painted. I just want to know how these bad *****es sound!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.