SOLD Attn VW/Audi owners: factory-fit rearview mirror w/built-in LCD screen 4 nav, audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maxxx
10+ year member

EXTREME STEALTH! One of a kind custom fr direct fit to VW/Audi windshield mount.

This is an LCD screen that is built into the rear view mirror and can display any input - navigation, sound system, rear-view camera, dvd movies, video games, etc. - via rac video input. Anything you want. It performs remarkably well as both an LCD screen and rear-view mirror at the same time.

Here are a couple of photos showing use for navigation and audio system:

445S7300562-med.JPG

445S7300564-med.JPG

Included also is a small black plastic wire cover for the short run from the mirror to the upper console:

445S7300572-med.JPG

It is built into the rear view mirror itself, it is NOT a "strap-on" version that binds to your original mirror; this actually is a full, factory-looking rear-view mirror that attaches to the factory mount on the glass on any VW/Audi windshield (passat, jetta, golf, etc.). No epoxy, etc. required, just a simple 1/4turn counter-clockwise. It does not come from the factory like this, the mount on this particular specimen was modified to fit VW/Audi windshield mounts. Here is a photo showing that it is a one-piece item:

445S7300581-med.JPG

This was initially produced to be a back-up camera system, but I simplified the circuitry so that the built-in 3.5" colour screen can accept any input via rca video connection. In my system I used it as a display for the navigation and audio system (Alpine NVE-N872A and VPA-B222, PXA-H701, etc.).

I used a blank switch (ASR position) in my car to turn the screen on and off, to preserve factory appearance all around.

I am happy to answer any questions with regards to hook-up, etc. The item is like new and only ran in my car for less than a year. Works flawlessly.

It includes the whole kit usable for back-up camera, including sensors, etc. The only thing I took out of the box was the mirror itself, so the back-up camera and the back-up sensors are still new-in-box. I did not use the backup camera and sensors but they are a valuable part of the package.

445S7300580-med.JPG

Based on its custom-designed nature, this mirror has a neck that mates with the VW windshield clip, and has simple connections for powering the screen on or off.

I really don't know where else you will find this type of "James Bond" hardware for your VW/audi! Asking $220 obo.

please email with any questions! cheers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.