Attempted theift or..

OP did you use a drill/driver to screw in the screws or do it by hand? part of the reason mine came out when I was a supernoob is I was screwing them in by hand
i wouldn't say that screwing them in by hand is noob factor. why? cause i hand screwed ALL my subs. why? cause i've seen how many people here slip drills into their surrounds which is more noobish. i'm quite cautious about messing up a sub so i hand screw them all in. and i've screwed down some heavy ass subs in horizontal positions. from XXX's to BTL's to my lms5400.. all 15's and i've never had any screws come loose or come out.

OP did you use a drill/driver to screw in the screws or do it by hand? part of the reason mine came out when I was a supernoob is I was screwing them in by hand
sometimes that is actually better for a noob so you don't strip the hole out

Using a drill to screw something down doesn't change the holding power of the screws versus screwing them in by hand. Unless of course, you dont screw them down all the way by hand.

I was a noob with my first system, not so much this one.

at least half of the screws are broken. I used a drill not a screw driver.

I guess it wasnt someone trying to steal the sub now that I think of it, just looked like it when I see half my sub hanging out.

sorry for poor grammer in orginal post, was typing from phone.

i hate when my **** gets FROKEN.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I know I had a froken day yesterday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i wouldn't say that screwing them in by hand is noob factor. why? cause i hand screwed ALL my subs. why? cause i've seen how many people here slip drills into their surrounds which is more noobish. i'm quite cautious about messing up a sub so i hand screw them all in. and i've screwed down some heavy ass subs in horizontal positions. from XXX's to BTL's to my lms5400.. all 15's and i've never had any screws come loose or come out.
I did that once. I got a nice HE2 with duct tape covering a hole in the surround. I'm alot more careful now, but I still use a drill. Hand screwing takes forever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bobby322

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Bobby322
TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date