Assistance with CDA-9887

Exist_ential
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
so i just picked up an Alpine 9887. got it installed last night and the sound i am getting are pretty good except i need some assistance setting up the parametric eq and crossovers. i am not getting nearly the output i was from my sub prior to install and i am getting A LOT of bass through my mids and 6x9s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i do not have the imprint or access to one, nor do i want to use because then i will need to use it every time i need to make an adjustment.

While I haven't used Imprint, it's supposed to be amazing with the 9887. You set up 1 or 2 curves as presets and I assume you can still adjust the subwoofer level. There shouldn't be the need to keep adjusting the equalizer with Imprint, but I can understand the desire to do so. With my PXA-H700 I haven't touched the equalizer in months.

What's your subwoofer level set to now? At maximum it's like "0" with 0 being full attenuation.

Alpine units display the subwoofer level in a positive scale (rather than negative) +0 to +15.

While I haven't used Imprint, it's supposed to be amazing with the 9887. You set up 1 or 2 curves as presets and I assume you can still adjust the subwoofer level. There shouldn't be the need to keep adjusting the equalizer with Imprint, but I can understand the desire to do so. With my PXA-H700 I haven't touched the equalizer in months.
What's your subwoofer level set to now? At maximum it's like "0" with 0 being full attenuation.

Alpine units display the subwoofer level in a positive scale (rather than negative) +0 to +15.
Right, I run an Alpine head unit. I reread what I wrote and it looks pretty hard to understand. If the gain was not reset after putting in the 9887 then the subwoofer level probably needs to be turned up before redoing the gain.

I didn't think I needed to reset my gains. I went from 2v out to 5v out. Sub level is at 15 I will flip back to graphic eq as well. I believe I have the switch on the bottom set to f/r/sub-w. I have also read the manual but I've never been good at understanding eq and crossovers points and how the affect my sound.

When going from one preout voltage to another - gains needs to be reset so you don't drive the amp into clipping...

However, sounds like something else is at play here.

What source are you playing from? CD? Satellite? FM?

I didn't think I needed to reset my gains. I went from 2v out to 5v out. Sub level is at 15 I will flip back to graphic eq as well. I believe I have the switch on the bottom set to f/r/sub-w. I have also read the manual but I've never been good at understanding eq and crossovers points and how the affect my sound.

Play with the eq and you will hear what it does to your sound. Maybe go beat some balls at the local stereo shop and get a tutorial on how the peq or geq does to your sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.