Assassin compared to Infinity Reference

vorgath
10+ year member

Right now I have a Profile feeding 410W RMS into a Ininfity Reference 1042W in a sealed box.

I've been thinking about getting a KENWOOD KAC-9152D, and feed two subs.

So my question would be, the Assassin 12's, can they take 450W RMS each, what's their max at anyway ? Would they be louder than the 1042W ?

Another option for me could be Memphis subs, but I know absolutely nothing about them, however I could get them from the same place as I'll be getting the amp from.

Any thougts, comments, advice, would be appreciated.

I'd go with the two 12" Assassins, just give 'em 400w a piece. You may get by with 450w, but that's really approaching their limit and you wouldn't hear that much of a difference in 400 and 450 anyway.

Would they be any bit louder, in a sealed box, vs the single Reference in it's sealed box ?

I know you can port them but well ... not easiest way to do it right, with a Camaro, sealed boxes sound good in these cars due to the huge glass back ... it reflects it all

Ive just come from having 2 Memphis M-class 10's in my hatch.Same car,year as yours.They were nice,sounded better at a angle facing back vs. facing up. I know that I needed more power for them though. I just built a box for 2 assassin 8's. The ported box plan feom Ascendants site. Havent heard them yet though,need to get an amp. With that box plan,those 8's fit down in the hatch perfect. Just waiting to see what they sound like.

What's wrong with the Kenwood amp ? I've done some searches and people seem to think they're ok amps, deliver the promised RMS.

My options when I buy the amp will be limited to what the store, where I can use the card, is carrying or can order.

Which is why I'll have to put money aside and save up to get two subs from somewhere else.

Man, you really can't go wrong with the Assassins. My two 8"s are sealed right now (in the process of building a ported box) and they already pound pretty **** good. If you can port two 8"s or maybe do two 10"s sealed, you'll be happy. I'm still amazed at how loud two little 8"s can get in less than adequate boxes o_O

So how do the Assassin's do in a ported box, compared to being in a sealed one ?

I'm wondering what would sound better, maybe louder, or just different, two 12's in a sealed box, or two 10's in a ported box

dont buy 9152 u wont be happy
i have that amp and its worked great for me, i read mixed reviews but most of the complaints were it not being 1 ohm stable all the time. i only use mine at 2 ohms anyways so that wasnt a problem. its giving my arsenal over 600 no problem and theres room for more.

Yeah I was just going to feed two Assassin's at 2 ohm, so that should work.

The amp DOES have a subsonic filter, correct ? My Profile amp lacks that feature, which is why I've been hesitating building a ported box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.