asked question before, but still lost

KARLEON
10+ year member

Livin' Legend
Ok, i have heard that 3 Fosgate Power HX2 will blow out my window. So what about 2? Is two of them ok. Im either getting a honda civic or 98 accord. maybe even a maxima, depending on the price. But will 2 fosgate power 12 be too much instead of the 3 because i am not trying to blow out my window. thats too much money to be paying. and i was going to feed them i guess about 800W a piece. and 1 more, would the Punch hx2's be a better choice? Im sorry for all the questions, but i really want to be bumping on my first system and get everything perfect. Because i want to turn heads and break necks while makin heads pound wit the bass from my subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

unless you put 3 of those spl subs in a massive ported box, and feed them tons of power, they will not blow out your windows! that is insanely hard to do. you'll rattle the **** outta your car, but it would take a LOT of dbs to blow your windows.

Agreed. My S-10 ( sobs and wipes away the tears ) had two dd9515's in a 10' ported enclosure. Being powered by 3000w each. And my windsheld would vibrate but it never broke. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A very common system that i have once had and alot of my friends have is 2 12" punch hx2 and either a bd1000 or 800.2 and a power cap. Both sound very good and wont blow out your windows. i think that whom ever told you that was being a little sarcastic. But for your first system thats what i would do if i were you.

Well it looks like you are not too concerned about sound quality but more towards SPL. Defintiely go with the Punch HX2s instead of the power, its just not worth it to go with the power in my opinion. Both subs are basically designed to turn heads and you'll do that just fine with the Punch hx2s. I know a guy with a Jetta who has 2 punch hx2s in a sealed box running off a RF bd1000 amp and it BUMPS. You won't be dissapointed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.