Are these Rainbows fake?

negev

I bought a set of Rainbows for my E46 online. They sound great but look different to the pictures I see online, specifically:

- No "rainbow" text in the centre of the woofer cone

- The wires from the tweeter don't have a red line indicating polarity

- The crossover seems a bit cheap and poorly held together

but.. they sound really good. Can anyone verify if these are genuine?

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

Do they have a serial number? If so call Rainbow and ask if its legit.
None that I could see, I sent some pics to Rainbow though

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

What model rainbow? It seems like it's the lower end models
They are IL 6.2 - custom fit for my front doors (BMW E46 has few good options for the front doors)

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

yup looks like a lower end older model... but hey did you buy for the name or the sound... if they sound great... run em? lol
Well I'm tempted but if they're fake they might be of poor build quality and break after a few months.. they sound really good though so I'm hoping they are genuine, but there are some warning signs

The Amazon seller said that they're 100% genuine and that they only source them direct from Rainbow in Germany. Rainbow so far haven't said anything, no response to emails, I called them this afternoon and spoke to someone but he didn't seem to understand enough english to get what I was saying so asked me to email him. I emailed him and included links to images of the speakers which he so far hasn't viewed.

I have two rainbow components and none of them have serial numbers on the speakers themselves, only on the box.

They look real, that is the way the crossover is suppose to be. Slap them in and enjoy.

I have two rainbow components and none of them have serial numbers on the speakers themselves, only on the box.
They look real, that is the way the crossover is suppose to be. Slap them in and enjoy.
Nice truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

negev

negev
London UK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
adulbrich