AQ hdc3 18s or fi q 18s

Budget_Ballin'
10+ year member

TEAM DC
I'm a little partial to AQ because I like the loudness of their subs for the price. I had 1 hdc3 12 on an AQ 2200 and it was insane. I loved it. I want to upgrade to 2 18s now and I was totally set on AQ hdc3s until a buddy of mine recommended fi q 18s and ssa icon 18s. I wanted to see if I could get on here and get some more opinions. I have a Chevy trailblazer. I'm running kk 1/0 wiring. 150 amp alt. (don't plan to upgrade right now). 1 AQ 2200 (will eventually upgrade to a 3500). I haven't measured out my box specs yet, but what subs would be best for LOUD spl but also sound good on rap music. I'm a young jeezy, Gucci mane, lil john, gorilla Zoe type of bass listener. This will be for everyday enjoyment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know.

won't be easy fitting a box for the HDC's in a TB. Q's will definitely work in a smaller enclosure and are bottom heavy subs which you might prefer for your choice of music...

I run a single HDC4 18 in the trunk of my daily. Solid sub and sounds very good on all types of music.

6cubes net tuned to 35Hz with 16-18^2 port area per cube works well for daily....

op aq isnt what you want for your taste of music.. ya the aq's may be a bit louder on the mic but the other 2 brands will FOR SURE sound better. and wont have any trouble getting L O W !! LOL

jus be sure to get a box built around your cars cabin gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.