aq 2200 power hog?

is the aq a power hog im running a stock batt an alt with a hc 2400 an its droping to 11.1 with the amp half way up is some thing wrong with my amp? im running all 0 gage btw
11.1 seems like u might have an issue.. But they do like power thats for sure...

They are not for their power. You have a stock alternator. If its not a big one any amp that makes that power will pull voltage down. Trickle charging the battery every few days will help but not solve the problem

idk... sounds like something aint right. i have a big bang 2400.1, with stock 100a alt 1 stock batt & 2 batts in hatch, amps set with dmm to put out 2100rms

and im doing 12.5v average or better at full tilt. and i know these big bangs are not more efficient then the aq2200s.

see i had a problem were mine was dropping to 10.1v at full tilt and shutting down. i checked all wiring and connecttions. batts and alt were all reading good. but the amp read 10.1 at the terminals. so i was losing power in my fuse block, it shorted or sumthn i gess. but i removed the block and it was hot for some reason so i hooked the wire to amp(no fusing), and tested it, and has not dropped voltage of shut down since. i had my fuse 10" from the amp terminals. so now im not using any fuses. i just watch my voltage very close

my friend has a honda with a 90a stock alt & 6 opti yellow tops in trunk, & 1 under hood, and uses 8 runs of 0 ga. he runs a american bass 500.1 amp and stays above 12. idk how the hell he does it on a 90a alt but he does.... if u dont beleve me ill get you the youtube search and show you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.