Apsm-1300 :(

I just bought an ASPM 1300, because it was recommended to me, andddd then once I got it, everybody said my electrical won't be able to handle it. So I'll sell you mine, even though I haven't even gotten it, let alone has shipped to my house. $100 shipped?

Everyone complains about the audiopipes being oh so inefficient, but I ran an ap1500 @ 1 ohm off a stock 90a alt and stock batt with just a big 3 and my voltage never really dropped at all, let alone any dimming

Everyone complains about the audiopipes being oh so inefficient, but I ran an ap1500 @ 1 ohm off a stock 90a alt and stock batt with just a big 3 and my voltage never really dropped at all, let alone any dimming
There is a reason for that. Mainly do to the overall lack of output the amp actually had. LOL

See, thats what I'm wary off. I think once I get my whole system, I'ma use the 1300 at 2 ohms 600 watts RMS, and see if I my car can handle it. If it can, I keep the amp, if it doesn't I sell. I save a stock 80amp 12v amp.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

There is a reason for that. Mainly do to the overall lack of output the amp actually had. LOL
He was still doing 1200 watts clean..off a stock 90a alt, thats alot actually..

See, thats what I'm wary off. I think once I get my whole system, I'ma use the 1300 at 2 ohms 600 watts RMS, and see if I my car can handle it. If it can, I keep the amp, if it doesn't I sell. I save a stock 80amp 12v amp. 

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

He was still doing 1200 watts clean..off a stock 90a alt, thats alot actually..
Not from what I recall on these amps. Also not with a stock electrical.

I will say they are OK on a budget I guess. I talk my customers out of them because with a few bucks more you can open up other options, but I understand budgets and what they allow. If you simply can not or will not spend more then as long as you understand you are not getting what they claim you will be fine.

I think one would be rather fine on just one vvx12, even if it doesnt do what its rated, all I really want to feed it is 8-900 or so. I think Ill be fine, wouldnt you?

Not from what I recall on these amps. Also not with a stock electrical.
I will say they are OK on a budget I guess. I talk my customers out of them because with a few bucks more you can open up other options, but I understand budgets and what they allow. If you simply can not or will not spend more then as long as you understand you are not getting what they claim you will be fine.
I grabbed that figure from CAT MAN that hates audiopipe amps. Said he used a clamp and an o-scope and got 1200watts clean at 1 ohm.

I grabbed that figure from CAT MAN that hates audiopipe amps. Said he used a clamp and an o-scope and got 1200watts clean at 1 ohm.
yep i also had a battery bank holding me well above average. and rise in .9-1.3 in a non perfect invoroment i have no idea what they would do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fannin88

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
fannin88
ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date