App Radio 2 or AVH-X8500BHS

h2kbro

Hey everyone, I am looking for a head unit that will work well with my android phone. Both the App Radio 2 and the AVH-x8500BHS look like good options. A local audio shop told me that the App Radio 2 will not work with an android phone, but I thought it had HDMI and was compatible. They recommended waiting for the AVH-X8500BHS to come out. Should I wait for the AVH-X8500BHS or is the App Radio 2 what I am looking for?

My friends has the appradio2 and has had nothing but problems since he got it installed. He has had two different Galaxy Notes and I have tried my Galaxy Nexus, all 3 phones had issues. He finally got one that works, but is still having some minor quirks. Only speaking from experience with his. I would pass, unless you had an iphone. We connect one of our friends iphones and it connected without a hitch. He is now looking for an iphone for himself to get all of the features to work.

Another no vote on the AppRadio. It does have HDMI, but not mirroring, so you'd have to be doing everything through the phone itself. I would wait for the replacement for the AVH-P8400BH.

Hey thanks for your feedback. I held off long enough to discover head units that use MirrorLink. Now I am looking into the best head unit that uses MirrorLink. I know JVC and Sony have a few units that use MirrorLink, I just need to decide which one is best for me. I started a new post about MirrorLink.

JVC should have the upper hand on sound quality, Sony on display quality and user interface. Comes down to what you find more important to your applications. The non-Xplod Sony HUs actually aren't all that bad, TBH, but I think JVC is more of a sleeper company. Not much pizzazz or flashy stuff going on, just pretty solid HUs for their price.

Forgive my ignorance I thought the other just came out sorry for the miss information but I've been trying to follow that hu and its been up on pioneers site for some time now but every where I look its either listed as tba or not listed at all for sale.

As far as I've found crutchfield is the only store so far that offers the 8500. They have it in stock and listed at 650 and I found some oflther websites that seemed sketchy but they were wanting 800 for it.
I just made a phone call and I have the 8500BHS available to order right now. MAP on it is $780 but I can beat Crutchfield's price. If you need the installation accessories I can order that for you also. PM me with your vehicle info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.