AP1800D vs ZRS-C65 For 2ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctmaudi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Akron, OH
Got a $200 limit for an amp, looking to run daily about 800rms @ 2ohm. I know the AP does rated, but isnt as efficient as higher end stuff. I also know Cadence is recomended a lot, but cant find much on the ZRS-C65.

The Cadence is $40 more then the AP. The AP is rated 1100 @ 2, the Cadence 1200 @ 2. Im thinking both should have no trouble with 800, just curious which would sound better, or be more reliable.

Anything else I should look at? Considered the MB Onyx 1500D, but thats rated 1k @ 2.

Out of the 2, Cadence hands down! You could also check out the Brz1200.1 or Brz1700.1d. I've ran an ap30001d and it quit on me. I think the Brz has a cleaner sound than Audiopipe.

With the 10% off at VM, the brz1700 is $200 shipped. Ive never liked hifonics, but I guess the brz line is ok?

Anyone have any other input? I actually think Ill keep it around 700rms, since the stock alt is only 110amp, and Im going to be using 4x70 for the doors.

Got a $200 limit for an amp, looking to run daily about 800rms @ 2ohm. I know the AP does rated, but isnt as efficient as higher end stuff. I also know Cadence is recomended a lot, but cant find much on the ZRS-C65. The Cadence is $40 more then the AP. The AP is rated 1100 @ 2, the Cadence 1200 @ 2. Im thinking both should have no trouble with 800, just curious which would sound better, or be more reliable.

Anything else I should look at? Considered the MB Onyx 1500D, but thats rated 1k @ 2.

There won't be an audible difference. However, it is above your budget. The cadence isn't rated at 1-ohm; I don't know if it will or if it won't drop down to 1-ohm, but unless someone knows for sure, I wouldn't since it limits your flexibility should you want to change subs. The AP18001D is nice; some question AP's reliability, but I think it's a great value. As long as you have decent electrical for it, I see no problems with going with the AP. The BRz line looks nice as well. The general quality of Maxxsonics higher end stuff has steadily improved over the years, and the ratings are more accurate now. I wouldn't mind trying it out either.

Im trying to keep it where I dont have to beef up the electrical accept for Big 3. A 200amp alt would run me $375 at least, and a second battery like $150-$200. Ive had the subs sitting here for a few months since my PA blew, so just looking for something cheap, but efficient and decent sounding. Ill pay a little extra for quality, or sacrafice some power for it as well.

Having 1ohm ability is a plus, but honestly doubt Ill go through changing the subs anytime soon. And if I did, it would be for 8s to save room, and I could always get them in a 2ohm load as well.

cadence all the way, under rated, the zrs series is the same quality as audioque, american bass, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cadence-ZRS-6500D-2400-Watt-Class-D-Monoblock-Amplifier-/320646213426?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4aa800ef32#ht_5361wt_1139

this is the older version of it also a great amp

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20797_Cadence_ZRS-6500D.aspx

http://www.bestaudiodeals.com/servlet/the-257/Cadence-car-audio-competition/Detail

this is direct from cadence but their getting rid of these now cause the new series just came out

The ZRS-C65 is $210 on ebay for new. Im thinking of going with it. Its the one that has the most head room at 2ohm, and what I think would be most efficient.

Well shoot. Was about to order, but read some pretty bad things about woofersect. Being half price from the few other places selling it, seems to good to be true. Cant find anything online about them being an authorised dealer for cadence either. Is it safe to buy from them? Can get it from their ebay store with 9 month warranty, or from them direct with 1 year.

Or on ebay from the audiosavings store for $215 with 1 year.

EDIT: Guess its down to the ZRS-C65 for $215 from audiosavings/ebay, or the BRZ-1700.1D for $203 from vminnovations (10% coupon). Leaning towards the BRZ since it does have the 1ohm option, and higher fuse rating. Any opinions on what would be more efficient or have better SQ?

Dang it, called and vminnovations isnt an authorized dealer for maxxsonics stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
audiosavings is amazing, ship same day fedex express. gett he cadence its a great amp, and cadence has amazing customer service never have had one problem.

Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1 Car Amplifier - eBay (item 170597565802 end time Feb-04-11 20:06:14 PST)

amazing amp if u dont care about cosmetics, puts out 1200rms at 1 2 or 4 ohm

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-1500-Watt-Mono-Subwoofer-Amplifier-GTO14001-/180621247962?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2a0ddd85da#ht_3489wt_905

i also have bought from harmon direct on these amps and they are amazing 1200rms at 4ohm 1500rms at 2 ohm nasty amps

I read in another thread that the ZRS-C amps were rated at 16v. That threw me off a bit. I called Cadence, and the C65 is rated at 13.8v, so it should definitly do at least 1200 @ 2 like its rated.

Read that the BRZ is a power hog. So Im going to get the ZRS-C65 unless someone can think of another for ~$200 thats better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ctmaudi

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ctmaudi
Akron, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date