anyone with deh-p780mp or ida-x001

va tech7
10+ year member

Anyone here have pictures of either of these head units installed? I've been debating back and forth between the two and while performance is necessary for me, so is how it's going to look in my car. Whenever I look at them at best buy it's hard to picture what they're like installed because of the bright lights in the store. Thanks.

get the 780mp this is an easy choice. the unit still has a nice color screen, but its going to sound a lot better with all of the sound tweaking functions. remember the ida-x001 is ipod only no CD's. there are barely any sound options, no crossover settings for your speakers and a piss poor EQ. i promise you will be happier with the 780mp.

I too own the 780 and agree that it would be an excellent choice. And while I do not have a photo of it installed, I can tell you that it looks great in my 2002 Ford Explorer. In fact, when looking at it in the off position, you might think it was the factory radio given how well it blends into the dash.

Both units look MUCH better in the dash. I think the 7800 looks kinda crappy in the wall at a store.. it doesn't give anything justice, especially screens. Anyhow, i'm actually most likely selling my 7800 and getting an X001 because all i use is my Ipod, and without the full speed connection, it's rediculously slow. The 7800 is a NICE unit all around, one of my favorites. If you want to actually use the great ipod sound the x001 is supposed to produce, i suggest adding an EQ. I'm probably going with the pioneer deq-9200 since the alpine eq's are hella expensive. You could shell out the dough and get the phx-701 ( not sure if you need the standalone DIN controller for that or not ), which has 31 band EQ and bumps the pre-outs to 4v i believe. Either way though, think of the 7800 as the full package, and the X001 as just one of many peices to the puzzle.

I'll basically be using my ipod 99 percent of the time. I will probably run it through the 780's aux input since it's ipod control is slow.

This was before I took it out of my 3

DSC06787.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.