anyone used a kicker crt?

Well the rule of thumb is shallow-mount subs isn't as good as normal subs due to design limitations (trade one thing for another) but it looks thought-out

comprt-cutaway.jpg

I would give it a try.

Typical Kicker. it needs a huge box to get right. Defeats the purpose of a shallow sub. The 12 says 3 cubes sealed max and I bet it does much better at that max. Sensitivity of 87db from a shallow? Not happening

I'm sure it would be functional but I would check out all of the shallow mount options to be sure you aren't missing out. Although I think the CVT is the cheapest option.

If it's not terribly overpriced and you have room for the box, I'd say give it a shot. Be sure to check out the entire playing field though. Heard Memphis and Earthquake have some good shallows.(don't kill me if they ****, I'm just saying what I've heard.) I'm just waiting for the Sundown nuthuggers to show up.

Typical Kicker. it needs a huge box to get right. Defeats the purpose of a shallow sub. The 12 says 3 cubes sealed max and I bet it does much better at that max. Sensitivity of 87db from a shallow? Not happening

But if you actually used Kicker subs before then you'll learn to ignore their box designs because they're often incorrect, it is the owner's responsibility to build a good box if you want to have good sound anyway. I've never used any of Kicker's recommended box specs other than the one that came with the original Solo-Baric and 2nd-gen Kicker XPLs. I've owned just about every model of Kicker subs and while their old school stuff leans real well into SQ, their new stuff is more for loud and looks. See that cone? Although the ribs are functional it looks like car rims, subs don't need to look like rims.

I'd say give it a shot, that or go with a bunch of 6 1/2s or something.

If it's not terribly overpriced and you have room for the box, I'd say give it a shot. Be sure to check out the entire playing field though. Heard Memphis and Earthquake have some good shallows.(don't kill me if they ****, I'm just saying what I've heard.) I'm just waiting for the Sundown nuthuggers to show up.
Who else makes a good shallow sub? I guess I could say skar because they just cloned one off sundown

But the sd-2 does a great job for for space it can fit.

Who else makes a good shallow sub? I guess I could say skar because they just cloned one off sundownBut the sd-2 does a great job for for space it can fit.
the alpine type r shallows are supposed to be nice but way overpriced imo.

Lol yeah kicker stuff is just about getting loud....my cvr sounds loud at 2ohms....but sounds lyk **** lol...its like it skips notes compared to when its playing at 8ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.