Anyone Use a Alternator from singer alternators?

Just went in and tested voltage while car is sleep and its at 12.1 volts is this normal right? Im really starting to believe that the alternator has a bad diode.....

I think I solved the drain issue. I took off the new alternator and put a old not charging alternator on and connected everything then fired it up for about 5 mins and of course Im using straight battery power as the old alt was not charging then I turned car off and let it sit all day (7 hours) and so far voltage has been sitting the same and no drop in voltage yet. I will confirm morning for sure in the morning. So far it seems singer alternator has some sort of problem internally.

Did you have to do any special wiring for the alt? I know when I did mine from Singer I had to modify the plug and I had the constant and ignition reversed and it was causing the exact problem that your mentioning, for whatever reason the colors were reversed on mine. Swapped them and everything is fine now.

The alt had a snug fit and screwing into the accessory bracket was a pain but overall it fit right and the plug snapped in no problem. Mike didnt send a swap out plug for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.