Anyone see a problem with this port?????????????

Participant count
  • Participant list

UMGixxer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Please explain to me why this will not sound good or how i can fix this if it is a problem

trying to tune my box to 33-34Hz, its 3"h x 14"w x and 14"l thru the middle

pic023.jpg

seems to me youll have to "mimick" the curve from the front to the back...if that makes sense?
Maybe not...my first box was a wedge style with the port firing through the slanted piece, so it was shorter on top and longer on the bottom...sounded good

im sure it will still sound fine...but your tuning will not be what you want with just basic calculations
Well yeah, I had my box designed by someone on here and I have no idea how he calculated the tuning...lol, who knows what that box was actually tuned to, I just know it sounded good

but if it sounds like crap i could always just cap the port up and go sealed, im running cvxs so they like sealed or ported

why couldn't you have just a regular slotted port? or used aero's?

other than that it would sound fine, might not be exactly the tuning you would wanted but it wont be far off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.