Anyone know of any shallow-depth 6.5 comps with smooth treble?

Participant count
  • Participant list

liebezeit

Hello all, hope someone can help me here. I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT with 6.75" wide x 2.25" depth in the doors. This shallow depth is making it hard to find a good set of component sets. There are also 1" factory tweeters in the door as well, angled towards the passengers.

Another thing I've noticed is that many sets are criticized for having harsh, or sibilant, or jagged treble, which leads to listener exhaustion and headaches. I understand that soft/textile/silk tweeters may help here, but I'm not sure.

Also, I don't really want to spend a lot of money, it would be nice to find something around $100. Maybe a bit more.

Can anyone help me find something that fits these parameters? I've looked at the Polk DB 6500/6501 and JBL Power P650C and they are criticized for high-end harshness. Many other good options seem to be just a tad over 2.25" depth.

Turns out I can use spacers to accommodate up to 2.75".

Right now I'm looking at the DLS C6A components. They seem like they might be the warm, non-fatiguing, organic sound I'm looking for. Opinions please! Or other suggestions in the $150 ballpark.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.