anyone know how to get more power out of jbl gto 1201.1

I've heard of some amps having little tuning pots that you can use tv tuning tools found at radio shack and can peak the amps out for more power....usually these are mounted on the circuit board and are black blue or tan in color...the inside part you adjust is usually white and will have like a little arrow ...adjust it while the amp is hooked up and see if it gets louder...there can be more than one in an amp...though i've never tried this i heard it works and that a lot of amps are set to only put out half what they are really capable of doing....i hope this info helps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've heard of some amps having little tuning pots that you can use tv tuning tools found at radio shack and can peak the amps out for more power....usually these are mounted on the circuit board and are black blue or tan in color...the inside part you adjust is usually white and will have like a little arrow ...adjust it while the amp is hooked up and see if it gets louder...there can be more than one in an amp...though i've never tried this i heard it works and that a lot of amps are set to only put out half what they are really capable of doing....i hope this info helps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the secrets out now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

dont touch the bias pots. they have to be set perfectly down to the millivolt from factory. youll you screw up your amp.
^^^ This. Its for setting the voltage to each set of finals. If you have your bias off - POP! About the only thing I could think of that would work is replacing all the finals with something larger, but I'm not an EE, so I couldn't tell you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.