SOLD Anyone interested in my JVC KD-AR8500 HU?

mvw2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, after getting my Ural and using it for a little while, I think I'm happy enough to let my JVC KD-AR8500 go.

I'll get some pics up soon. I kind of wanted to make a user video but my camera wasn't working well with the display. I'd have to do it on a sunny day just to not have the screen show way overly bright. Well, I'll just link JVC's pic for the moment, more to come. Let me know if you want any specific pics. Well ask me after I get a few up.

04.JPG

Just a link to my little review I made a while back:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6338&highlight=kd-ar8500

JVC's site link for the KD-AR8500:

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027433&pathId=130&page=2

There’s a CD that came with it. It's basically the software that lets you build custom images and such for the display. I'm not sure where it went. It was something I wanted to play with but never could find the CD again. I finally found it again. It was in the box but a piece of paper was taped over it and I missed it the previous time I looked for it. I thought I lost it forever, lol.

Basic features per JVC's site:

* Power Output: 70W X 4 Max.

* Hybrid Feedback Digital Amplifier

* Advanced DSP: Digital 9-Band iEQ, 3-Band Parametric iEQ, LPF/HPF Crossover, and Time Alignment

* SD Card Slot

* SD Memory Card (8MB)

* USB Memory Card Reader/Writer

* SD/CD PICT (Personalized Image Capture Technology)

* Application Disc (Image Converter COLOR)

* 256-Color OEL Display

* SIRIUS Ready

* Advanced Multi-bit DAC

* CC Converter

* BBE Digital High Definition Sound

* DiAS Digital Tuner

* MP3/WMA Compatible with ID3/WMA Tag (CD/SD)

* CD/CD-R/CD-RW Compatible

* Shock Proof Memory

* Rotary Encoder Multi-Control

* 5V Line Output Level

* 5V Subwoofer Output Level

* Gold-Plated Line Output Terminals (x 2 pairs)

* Gold-Plated Subwoofer Output Terminals with Level/Frequency Control

* Gold-Plated Adjustable Line Input Terminals

* Motorized Slide-Out Face

* Steering Remote Control Ready

* Tel. Muting

* 2-Year Warranty

User manual via JVC's site:

http://books.jvcservice.com/download/1033533665/36761.pdf

You can get some more specific specs and usability from that.

The first one that offers $350 shipped gets it.

Pics. The in-car are a little blurry cause it was in the garage and not too bright. The camera wanted to use a long shutter time. As well, consider the picture as one of many and customizable image setups. If you don't like the screen, it can actually be whatever you want. I wish I didn't miss the disk when looking for it in the past. I'd have a few cool backgrounds to show you.

The close one shows the parametric EQ, just what I happened to be on for that shot and didn't come out blurry. The HU's already out of the car so no more in car pics, sorry. As far as I'm aware, you probably can't change the menu color sceme, but I'm not sure how extensive the software is.

JVC%20HU%20All%20Parts.jpg

JVC%20HU%20All%20Parts%202.jpg

JVC%20HU%20SD%20Card.jpg

JVC%20HU%20Face-Case.jpg

JVC%20HU%20Front.jpg

JVC%20HU%20Rear.jpg

JVC%20HU%20Serial.jpg

JVC%20HU%20In%20Car.jpg

JVC%20HU%20In%20Car-Close.jpg

Yeah, I don't really want to give it away, but with a 3-way active in my near future, I needed to upgrade. Now I'm running a Ural Concert CDD to handle the future 3-way + sub duty, so I gotta say bye bye to it. *sniff*//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

bump.

Just a tiny note. The camera does make the lighting a good deal brighter than it actually is. The camera really wanted to use low light mode, so the lighting is really washed out. ...just in case you were curious if they were really that blinding, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.