Anyone here use horns?

Im not even into sq.... Im gonna be running some horns in my next setup.
Once I heard a pair I was like...**** I want those.

They arent necessarily harsh depending on how they are being used/placed/tuned... but can be very very loud.

It strange cause I've heard tweets off like 60 watts that sounded really harsh, but Ive heard horns off 500 rms that got EXTREMELY loud but not harsh at all. Thats not to say twwets aren't good we've all heard plenty of awesome tweets in our day...

You heard a set of horns off of FIVE HUNDRED watts? Did your hair burn off? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

50...Lol.. no my hair didnt burn off

500w on a set of horns would definately peel skin off your face //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

been using image dynamics cd1e fullbody horns for a year now. gonna upgrade to mini-horn bodies soon
If you can fit the full bodies, then you should probably stick with them and upgrade the drivers instead.

already have the minihorn bodies, need to move the driver side body away from my knees

ca09fc58.jpg

about those kickpanel speakers in the background, they've been removed

IMO, they need to be deeper under the dash and leveled with the floor. That looks to be beaming up to your face.

IMG00067.jpg

IMO, they need to be deeper under the dash and leveled with the floor. That looks to be beaming up to your face.

IMG00067.jpg
so how is the front stage height?

i have never experienced a set of horns, so to the ill informed its makes no sense

is the sound dispersed upwards somehow?

cheers

mike

My stage height is fine. It actually varies from song to song, artist to artist. I have to do more EQing to get it a bit higher.

the horn is suppose to use the dash as part of the waveguide

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.