Anyone have experience with hammer indent crimpers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

imbored408
10+ year member

E-Z_Red_B790C_Hammer_Indent_Crimper_Tool.jpg

I heard it is better than a regular hammer because those things indent it and stuff so it doesnt slide out?

I am not going to solder so would the indent crimper be perfect?

I use AMP Rota-Crimps. I've never liked the hammer & punch method, but it'll work if that's all you have. Also, try putting your terminal in a vise and heating it with a 1 pound torch and letting solder drool into it. Don't forget your head shrink too.

Ive always done same as Bettr..I have never had any issues with my wiring coming loose..ever.I take a hammer smash the terminal then use a punch ,and punch three times.once on flat side,and one on reverse side on each of the joints,and I have always used Heat shrink rather than tape..works great and seals to form good too.Try pulling that apart???Id only buy that thing and mount it on a table if I were use it every hour..Useless to me.???Hammer-everyone has one at home (95%) Punch-3 to 6.00??And Shrink-6 to 8 pieces in pkg-Approx-3 to 6.00.?????? My opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.