Anyone have experience running wires through Civic doors?

wvufootball
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maryalnd
So I am about to install my components in my door, in my 2000 Civic. I have installed these components a couple times in my older cars but I have never replaced the factory wiring. I have looked at a couple guides over at 12volt but they weren't dealing with Civics.

So basically, anyone want to give me some last minute advice before I go out and try to do this?

Not sure about 6th generation but in the 7th generation doors there is no Molex in your way and it's probaly the same. Just take a length of straightened wire hanger and bend the end back on itself so you don't have a sharp point. Just fish your way through the rubbery/plastic accordion boot. It takes a little patience but you will find a route.

Not sure about 6th generation but in the 7th generation doors there is no Molex in your way and it's probaly the same. Just take a length of straightened wire hanger and bend the end back on itself so you don't have a sharp point. Just fish your way through the rubbery/plastic accordion boot. It takes a little patience but you will find a route.
About the best advice I can think of.

Unless you have a glow rod that cable installers use to fish cable through a wall.

Or possibly fish tape. Never tried that....

I dont go right through the factory wiring harness. What i do it cut a hole in both gromets (one on the body, one on the car) that your factory harness runs through. And run your new wiring from inside the car, out the whole in gromet, along the outside of the factory harness, then into the door through the other gromet hole you cut. Then either electrical tape your wire to the harness, or since I have 6 wires/door, I wrapped them in split loom

I dont bother running the wire through the harness itself, as all my cars are way to much of a pain, and this is just as safe, and very quick

the quick way is often not the best way as the above stated is not the best way. Electrical tape does not protect against the elements. In the civics and any honda for that matter find where the door harness plugs into the car. In the civic it should be in the kick attached to the fuse box. Unplug it and grab and pull the grommet through the door jamb then pull the door side out as well not it will be much easier to get wires through with it out of the car,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wvufootball

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
wvufootball
Maryalnd
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date