Anyone have any experience with Soundstream Headunits ??

what the hell ever? how am i robbing you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
good point. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

i'm impressed with the jvc avx1. had it for a few years and never heard it skip yet. the 2 volt preouts on the sub channel ****, but the new decks are 5 volt. only a 3.5 inch screen, but it has good features and the avx 1 has taken a beating. i'm ordering the avx44 next week. it is useless for movies though. i use it for mp3's on dvd with a menu. ipod. sirius sattelite radio. 7 band eq is okay also.

I want a 7" screen though. SS cant be the only people to make a flip down or a screen that hangs down from the unit.
i looked a few years back. not that there isn't one, but all i found were pyle decks, and other internet brands. i think they were 5 inch screens. since a flip up covers the vents in my s10, i settled for the jvc. like i said though. there might be a reputable brand. it's hard to believe that pyle came up with something original without someone else doing it first.

:fyi:pyle and pyramid make about 75% of all the sub baskets on the planet
and at 1 point both companies were actually good quality on their audio line stuff.
i had some pyle drivers a decade ago that were decent.

Ive played with a pyle flip out and it was teh ****. it was about 3 years old so i guess it was lasting ok lol.
the one i played with had no better features than some tape decks. the eq was the always great "bass" "treble" adjustment, and it couldn't even do that well. it was a touch screen though:cool:

my alpine is only bass and treble lulz, alpine 9886 FTW. I love it though.
but alpine does it right. pyle's seems to slope any garbage they can into the signal. i'm not an expert on head units, but it didn't improve sound over the stock head unit, it just got louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.