Anyone ever do an install on an Acura MDX?

Participant count
  • Participant list

groundpound4200
5,000+ posts

Da fuq did I just read?
Mankato, MN
I just got a new SUV, its a 2004 Acura MDX with Bose stereo but no navigation. Has anyone ever installed a stereo in one of these? ANything I should know? How you pop the dash apart to get a deck in there? I dont want to just tear into this thing like I did with my Xterra because this is a little nicer vehicle.

Be careful popping the bezel around the radio off. You need to pry between the radio/ A/c and the bezel rather than between the bezel and the dash. Basically on the inside of the bezel, or else you will mess up the dash. I did do an N2 in one of those a long time ago, but i don't think it had the bose system in it. A lot of time bose in acuras means there is an amp on the factory sub, but the amp for the speakers is still built into the radio. Otherwise there will be an amp for the speakers as well that you'll more than likely have to bypass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.