anyone else ever try to repair an amp

michaellane
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
tx
Just wondering how many of you have tried to repair your own amp and how it worked out for you. It's kind of nerve racking sliding the board out and worrying the board is going to split right in half. Anyways post some pics man or info or tips I guess going to try and finish mine tomorrow.

I found getting parts is the hardest part
Yeah I agree. I was recommended a site that has what I need for a decent price. Any tips or pics of what you did or what was wrong? I have one burnt up output mosfet but havent tested the others yet.

I have a few broken ones i tried to me its hard reading mosfet wit dmm.dont really understand that part
Ya im still googling amd reading but from my understanding is they shouldnt ohm out near zero. What broken amps do you have? I know if I replace all the fets jear the burnt one thats $30 and another $30 to do the other side :/

I just kept getting different readings from the one that i had to get.i have a few mostly lower end stuff. Soundstreams,memphis,jl,kickers,few other was planing to throw them out . I wish i had knowledg . Or sumone close to me that can teach me

I think having just one butnt channel is good cause u can atleast see wat the good mosfet reads and test the other side and compare the good reading to the bad reading.thats how i c it tho idk.it will b cool to learn tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.