Anyone do a motorized amp rack?

Well I wanna be able to have it raise up enough to be able to look under it to the back side of my speaker box where there's plexi windows so you can seee the sub, so I want to be able to lift it from one sidee, not the middle, but if I got a decent sized one and just made a track for it to slide up on the other side, or do you think I should get another one for the other side, or maybe use a small gas shock to help raise it, but would it effect the lowring?

Besides the strength of the actuator, you'll have to make the amp rack you're lifting more rigid so it doesn't flex when it's being lifted from one side. More rigid = more weight usually. I'd go with 2 actuators if possible. I know they're not cheap though.

I figured that I'd have to make it stronger, but I was just wondering if I got like a slide for a kitchen drawer or even a ball bearing sllde, kinda like the ones used on your tool boxxes. You think that would help?

How is your motorized amp rack project coming along. I am trying to do the same with my install. Have you finalized where you will be getting your linear actuator from?

DSC00009-1.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.