Anyone bridge a RF amp into 2 ohms?

I tried it with a sealed box one time. The d@mn thing kept going into protection. I believe it was a 360.2 if i am not mistaken. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have an old Punch 60 that i put in my wifes car. It came with my Chevy Silverado when i bought it in 1997 and it has worked since then fine. I used it bridged at 2ohms(sometimes less) for years without a 1 problem at all. I don't know why it has worked so well for me cuz i don't think that this is the norm but i won't complain!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

We always run RF 2 channel amps into 2 ohm mono, although we stick to a ported box. and usually keep it to only burps. That way we know the actual load of the woofers at the test frequency.

Loyd L.

I know people who have run your same amp for over a year every day driving in 2ohm loads and doesnt ever get hot just keep the gains down it is the older 2000 model ones though but not too much has changed I have ran thier amps in 1ohm and even the bd500.1 in a .5 ohm load for over 30 min without it even shutting off they will do fine in 1 and 2 ohms not recommended but will do fine trust me ran so many in 2 ohms its not even funny and still yet to burn a Rf amp up good qualiy amps well I did burn up a new 200@4 but thats the new ones the plastic parts inside just melted LOL just dont make em like they used to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.