Anybody play pool?

Theres a guy in my town who makes them. He makes cheap ones (around 100$), all the way to 2+ Thousand. He makes them for the Pro's.

If you'd like, i could give u his phone # and you could explain to him what you want and he could throw a price at ya

i really like the cuetec ones, but i wanna see them in person before i buy one, and i can't find any place near me that sells em, or any good cues for that matter. as for the guy that makes custom sticks, i really don't know what i'm looking for so i wanna see em in person, not get a custom one made, but thanks anyways.

meh, i really don't like the styling on them.http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/mcdermott/mcderm_eb.htm

i think i found the one i'm gunna get though, pretty sweet.http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/cuetec/cuetec_99396.htm

yeah i know, but if i'm going to be spending $200 or so, i want it to look good too. and i talked to my friends dad, who's awesome and knows a shitload, and he said that Cuetec makes really good cues, so that's good enough for me:)

I've been into pool for 20 years. Being an active woodworker with a lathe, I've even made my own cues. What do I play with? A $50 stick from Sports Authority. As long as it's straight, with a maple 13mm shaft it's hard to tell the difference in the way a cue plays until you get to $800 customs. Then there's a difference.

K-Mart sells a brand endorsed by wolrld champion Steve Mizerak (the "Miz"). My bud has one, and it plays very well. About $40.

I don't like linen wrapped handles - they get dirty and can't really be cleaned. Just about every commercial cue has wrap. That's just a personal choice.

All the commercial brands you mentioned are good. McDermott is probably the most popular, but I don't like their weight adjusting feature (same stick - add weight bolts). It throws off the balance.

One of these days I'm gonna get back into building cues again and start a business. After my new subs and comps are installed...

not tryin to insult your intelligence or anything but ur sutpid if you think that a $50 wal-mart cue is just as good as a $400 or $500 viking(or somethin equivelent to it)

there is a reason for that price difference, or everyone would just buy the wal mart cue.

it applies the same way with car audio stuff i.e. a legacy 1000watt amp compared to a orion 1000 watt amp. get the drift?$70 as to $350

Originally posted by choochooSS not tryin to insult your intelligence or anything but ur sutpid if you think that a $50 wal-mart cue is just as good as a $400 or $500 viking(or somethin equivelent to it)

there is a reason for that price difference, or everyone would just buy the wal mart cue.

it applies the same way with car audio stuff i.e. a legacy 1000watt amp compared to a orion 1000 watt amp. get the drift?$70 as to $350
That would make you one of the people that says a Brax amp is better than a DEI simply because it costs 4x as much. Like anything else, once you reach a reasonable degree of quality you're paying more for image and name recognition than anything else.

Originally posted by choochooSS not tryin to insult your intelligence or anything but ur sutpid if you think that a $50 wal-mart cue is just as good as a $400 or $500 viking(or somethin equivelent to it)

K-Mart cues aren't pretty. They don't have fancy inlays. They don't have hand painted babes with big tits or Ebony butt caps or Cocobolo wood from Africa. That's where the extra money goes. For the average player, the hit, feel, and balance of a well made cheap stick is as good as a $600 Meucci. You gotta know what matters and what's bling-bling.
Not all dept store sticks are any good. Some are total crap. You gotta know what you're looking at.

If you want a cue that looks good and plays good, get a Cuetec or Lucasi.

If you want lots of spin action for english shots, get a Meucci, but they offer slightly less control because of the average taper length.

I play with a $600 Buddy Hall signature Lucasi - their top non-custom cue of '02. I'm am a BIG advocate of the Lucasi brand. I can't stand the "rubbery" feel of a Meucci when striking the ball with any force. Some people don't notice it - some do.

I have been waiting on my custom Shick for about 18 months. They don't get any better than the cues he makes, anywhere in the world. It shouldn't be more than another, oh... 6-12 more months before mine is completed. Heh. Pay a fortune and wait 2+ years for it, but it's worth it in the end.

As for Wal-Mart cues, all I can is "WTF???" Just grab a broom handle and start poking.

yeah their is a big differnce in wal mart sticks compared to nice sticks.. i didnt thik they would be for i dont play much pool.. but we bought a pool table at our shop, and this guy who manages a pool store came in to get a tattoo.. we ended up tradein out a tatt for 4 sticks, clear glass balls, a table light and i think thats it.. but b4 that, webough a few wal mart sticks.. and even i could tell a huge differnce

Originally posted by Diabolic If you want a cue that looks good and plays good, get a Cuetec or Lucasi.

If you want lots of spin action for english shots, get a Meucci, but they offer slightly less control because of the average taper length.

I play with a $600 Buddy Hall signature Lucasi - their top non-custom cue of '02. I'm am a BIG advocate of the Lucasi brand. I can't stand the "rubbery" feel of a Meucci when striking the ball with any force. Some people don't notice it - some do.

I have been waiting on my custom Shick for about 18 months. They don't get any better than the cues he makes, anywhere in the world. It shouldn't be more than another, oh... 6-12 more months before mine is completed. Heh. Pay a fortune and wait 2+ years for it, but it's worth it in the end.

As for Wal-Mart cues, all I can is "WTF???" Just grab a broom handle and start poking.
alright, u seem to know a lot, what's the difference between all the different types of wood they use, like what's the best? and then, does it matter if it has a graphite core or fiberglass or anything like that? what about tips, i've seen a lot of things used as tips, including leather. basically, what specifically is good and what's just bling bling?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.