anybody mess with zues zrx2000.1d

Participant count
  • Participant list
soundstream tx1.2000 u can get one for for about the same price. Box rise will put u over 1 ohm wired to .5 they sell a .5 stable version for about 50 dollars more. But I've never had a problem running 1ohm stable SS amps at .5 hel I ran a power acoustik at .5

problem with running an amp like that in a 2k class is someone is going to have something like 20.1 or m2a and blow you away power wise. Unless of course thats a clamped 2k cap

Well cresendo dont make a 2k amp.as for the power rating im still not sure about it. If anything i would buy a d5 or that zero.5 but i was told if a judge knows that amp will do more then 2k they will clamp it every run.so maybe i will just go into another class.

d5s are rated quite a bit above 2k, and they are known to do 4k. The crescendo is badged as a 2k, but its official rating is 2150w at 13.8v. Even if they clamp at 2k, id still be leery of the zues. There were some DB Drive amps that people were linking for like 250$, search for those as well

d5 is 500w @ 4ohm so is the zero.5 and they both put out 4k+ on 12v.

I'm still deciding and looking at amps there a few out there but most of them are either rated just over 2k or there build sux.

plus i might just buy a motor for my samurai and call it good LOL

if its a clamped 2k get a good 3k. im in the nspl trunk 0-1800 class i cant clamp over 1800 so i have the amp set to clamp 17xx. last time i clamped it with my true rms it was 1736@2.4 right under the cap(powerbass xa3k) . terry has 1731 on 2 xxv's. Spl kid had something like 1780 from a sa 3500(i think)

so there is my experience

if it goes by max get somethin that you know does rated or a cheater amp.
yeah thats my thought BUT all it takes is someone to say i have a cheater amp and they will clamp me then and there.then they will deem the amp no good for that class

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.