anybody know how to...

Participant count
  • Participant list

basswiigee

CarAudio.com Veteran
MICHIGAN
ok, i have a 05 cobalt, everything inside is either hushmated or dynomated, yet i get the most annoying rattle from under the car... it has some type of aluminum heat shield, does anyone know how to stop this rattle or if they sell more sturdy heat shields??????

is that safe ? lol
my car and my buddies car have the heat shields removed due to an annoying rattle. no problems so far lol.. mine's been off for almost 2 years now.

you can also try to tighten it back up.. it could be a little loose.

my car and my buddies car have the heat shields removed due to an annoying rattle. no problems so far lol.. mine's been off for almost 2 years now.
you can also try to tighten it back up.. it could be a little loose.
it looks like its spot welded, i'll check it out... thanx...

Usually you can just bend them or crimp/crease them to get the rattling to stop... But I would check all of your exhaust mounts/hangers/brackets because a lot of times that I get heat shield rattle complaints; it's due to the exhaust being able to move around too much from a broken or worn out mount... Just something worth checking out while you're under there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.