Anybody every used this soldering tool?

it goes through batteries though. also, if you mess up the tip, it will make it hard to use.
Or you can get a new one at RadioShack. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That thing is the BIGGEST POS EVER. First off, you have to stick the solder in between the prongs on the tip for it to melt, so you can't access small places. Second of all, the tips break ALL THE TIME. My friend's broke a tip off within 10 mins of using it. Once one side of the tip breaks off, you're screwed because you can't complete the circuit by touching them together. Just get a butane powered soldering iron. It's portable/reliable and heats up plenty fast. Plus it doubles as a butane torch.

it's a pain in the ass to complete the circuit and get it to work. also for some reason the soldier always just sticks to the tip and lifts up when I pull the soldiering gun away.

Biggest piece of **** ever. I found a couple at work and figured why not. I tried to solder a harness and gave up after the first wire... went back to a nice craftsman.

They could be good for like electronics boards maybe.

it's a pain in the ass to complete the circuit and get it to work. also for some reason the soldier always just sticks to the tip and lifts up when I pull the soldiering gun away.
I totally agree. I got one for christmas, and I only ever used is once. It's a piece of ****. Again, because you have to complete the circuit by touching the 2 prongs, it makes it REALLY hard to do anything small. On big things, it still doest work very good. In my opinion, the only thing that is usable is the solder that comes with it, but that stuff isnt real good either, because it bubbles and goes all over the place, whenever I use the solder, I get some dots of it on my hand.

I'll go back to using the old soldering gun, with a push button to get it hot. It works a hell of a lot better then the cold heat ****, and I thought the gun was sucky before I got the cold heat.

They ****, and especially on a circuit board. Or anything for that matter

Oh, and you cant use it to solder wire any smaller then say, 10 AWG. You just cant get the connection to complete to get it to heat up.

Save yourself the money and get something better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.